• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk dissapointment

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
imported post

Well, I wanted to get a serpa for the SW40VE I bought but they don't make one. Theonly one that I have been able to find is the FOBUS paddle, but I believe I read that they can break away if pulled to hard?? Does anyone have any thoughts or input on a good/great holster? I am looking for a paddle holster with an adjustable cant, and level 2 retention.

mmdkyoung123

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Check out Safariland's ALS line of holsters. I did sort of a review on them here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/5499.html

They make their holsters for most handguns, so I would be surprised if they didn't make one for yours.

Thanks for the info. I had already checked out that post and looked at safariland. They do make one for my particular gun, just trying to find the best place to oreder it from, and/or, if there are any other holsters out there that might be better etc. Thanks for the help DreQo

Mike

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I used it with my SW9VE and it fit as well as it does with the one I have for my XD.

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
The Serpa for Glock 20,21 and M&P 45s fits the Sigma. I've tried it myself.
does it fit snug, or did you have to make "modifications". Just curious is all. Hopefully that will work then and I can go pick one up at Bass pro shop.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
so is the cant on them adjustable? I cant remember if it was when I looked at them

Yes, they're preset, though by screws. You unscrew the belt/paddle attachment, and you can cant forwards, backwards or level.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
does it fit snug, or did you have to make "modifications". Just curious is all. Hopefully that will work then and I can go pick one up at Bass pro shop.
Do that at your own risk, friend. :D

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
mmdkyoung123 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Definitely a warning worth heeding; however, I took into consideration that the Sigma series was so much of a duplicate with regards to the Glock, that Glock took them to court for a patent violation (which they later resolved by shaving a few millimeters off of an internal component.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Wynder wrote:
DreQo wrote:
mmdkyoung123 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Definitely a warning worth heeding; however, I took into consideration that the Sigma series was so much of a duplicate with regards to the Glock, that Glock took them to court for a patent violation (which they later resolved by shaving a few millimeters off of an internal component.
Noo, I'm talking about buying a blackhawk holster, period!:D

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Wynder wrote:
DreQo wrote:
mmdkyoung123 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Noo, I'm talking about buying a blackhawk holster, period!:D
Bah!

A good deal of the guys in Delaware Open Carry use them for our every day carry holsters. I use mine for competition, so I'm presenting from the holster very often. Personally never had an issue and recommend them to anyone who asks about a L2 holster.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Wynder wrote:
*snip*
Bah!

A good deal of the guys in Delaware Open Carry use them for our every day carry holsters. I use mine for competition, so I'm presenting from the holster very often. Personally never had an issue and recommend them to anyone who asks about a L2 holster.
But umm...you see, what blackhawk calls a "level 2", is really only level 1.

mmdkyoung123

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Wynder wrote:
*snip*
Bah!

LOL Here we go again. I read the OTHER 30 page post (might be a SLIGHT exageration) about Blackhawk, level 2 and the true definition, and ensuing argument about the levels of holsters.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Wynder wrote:
*snip*
Bah!

LOL Here we go again. I read the OTHER 30 page post (might be a SLIGHT exageration) about Blackhawk, level 2 and the true definition, and ensuing argument about the levels of holsters.
:DI'm just sayin...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
Well, I wanted to get a serpa for the SW40VE I bought but they don't make one. Theonly one that I have been able to find is the FOBUS paddle, but I believe I read that they can break away if pulled to hard?? Does anyone have any thoughts or input on a good/great holster? I am looking for a paddle holster with an adjustable cant, and level 2 retention.

I bought a S&W 4006 and wanted a Serpa holster. After looking at several holsters I fitted mine to a H&K P30. I had to make a few "modifications" though.

I fits well now.

TJ

mmdkyoung123

imported post

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to stop by bass pro shop and see if they have any on the way home from work tonight. I am going to pick one up if they do and wear it sunday for the grocery shopping trip with the family. Will let you guys know how it go's, and what I think.

P.S. Dreqo, If any one try's to "snatch and grab" my sidearm, after I break there arm in half, I will happily let them know that while the serpa holster is REALLY a level I holster, my breaking there arm made it a level II. Their mistake. :celebrate

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to stop by bass pro shop and see if they have any on the way home from work tonight. I am going to pick one up if they do and wear it sunday for the grocery shopping trip with the family. Will let you guys know how it go's, and what I think.

P.S. Dreqo, If any one try's to "snatch and grab" my sidearm, after I break there arm in half, I will happily let them know that while the serpa holster is REALLY a level I holster, my breaking there arm made it a level II. Their mistake. :celebrate
lol Yeah. Don't get me wrong,IF they work properly, the Serpas hold onto the weapon great! I just don't like that they say their product is something that it's not.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well whatever level it is a Sigma will fit without modification. It will be a tiny bit loose but adjusting the tension screw may fix that.

swillden

imported post

DreQo wrote:
lol Yeah. Don't get me wrong,IF they work properly, the Serpas hold onto the weapon great! I just don't like that they say their product is something that it's not.
+1

Absolutely agreed. Great product, but the name is borderline false advertising.