Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Snoqualmie Falls??

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, GA, ,
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    I'm wondering if I can open carry at Snoqualmie Falls. I've been trying to figure out if its Federal, State, or Tribal. Any thoughts? By the way Ive really enjoyed my visit to your great state and have had a positive experience open carrying everywhere. Spent all day at the waterfront and Pike's Place with nothing more then some weird glances and a dirty stare from Seattle PD. I'm also heading to Silverdale tomorrow to get my non-resident Washington CCL so I don't have to keep unloading when I get to my car. Thanks for all the help.

  2. #2
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Glad our little section of the forums was able to keep you safe and confident!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, GA, ,
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Nevermind. Its private property owned by PSE. There were no issues, no signs, only some Japanese tourists that were sightseeing practically running away from me.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    mnormand wrote:
    Japanese tourists that were sightseeing practically running away from me.
    LOL
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151

    Post imported post

    mnormand wrote:
    some Japanese tourists that were sightseeing practically running away from me
    Probably surprised to not see you hiding behind a blade of grass.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, GA, ,
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    it took everything in my power to not yell "Godzilla" and start running behind them. But I figured that wouldn't help the cause.

  7. #7
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Euromutt wrote:
    mnormand wrote:
    some Japanese tourists that were sightseeing practically running away from me
    Probably surprised to not see you hiding behind a blade of grass.
    ROFL!!!

    mnormand wrote:
    it took everything in my power to not yell "Godzilla" and start running behind them. But I figured that wouldn't help the cause.
    ROFLMFAO!!!!! I would have paid good money to see that!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    To my understanding the Snoqualimie Tribe is claiming the Hotel and the Falls belong to them. The Snoqualime Tribe is buying up a lot of propety along with there new casino.
    They just purchased (on paper) the hospital and the land with 2 houses and a medical office building. So Id sit tight on open carry @ the falls.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    phone guy wrote:
    To my understanding the Snoqualimie Tribe is claiming the Hotel and the Falls belong to them. The Snoqualime Tribe is buying up a lot of propety along with there new casino.
    They just purchased (on paper) the hospital and the land with 2 houses and a medical office building. So Id sit tight on open carry @ the falls.
    Why would the Snoqualmie Tribe owning that land make any difference?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    phone guy wrote:
    To my understanding the Snoqualimie Tribe is claiming the Hotel and the Falls belong to them. The Snoqualime Tribe is buying up a lot of propety along with there new casino.
    They just purchased (on paper) the hospital and the land with 2 houses and a medical office building. So Id sit tight on open carry @ the falls.
    Why would the Snoqualmie Tribe owning that land make any difference?
    That's the big question. They are separate from the state and federal gov.
    In the Tulalip casino they have a sign saying no fire arms in the building.
    Its not a tavern or bar. Kids can come into the casino to eat with there parents, but yet they have that sign. (totally against the gun laws of the state) Just like bringing in a gun in a post office. Maybe some one on this forum can check the laws for us.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    9.41.290 protects us from any tribal laws as well. Besides, the Snoqualmie tribe doesn't have it's own police or it's own laws. I grew up in Snoqualmie, and I would have no problem carrying to the falls.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Also the tribe owning a piece of land does not make it tribal land. It just means that it is owned by a tribe.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  13. #13
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    mnormand
    As I'll be visiting my hometown in Kentucky this summer. Are they still giving you guys issues near Radcliff for OC'ing?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    joeroket wrote:
    Also the tribe owning a piece of land does not make it tribal land. It just means that it is owned by a tribe.
    True. There is no "Snoqualmie Reservation".

  15. #15
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post


  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    Sorry, but "Friend" and "Lovick" do not belong in the same sentence.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.

  19. #19
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    Sorry, but "Friend" and "Lovick" do not belong in the same sentence.
    Notice the word Friend in quotes in my post... it was meant to be sarcasm.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Legally rob you? How is that? I think I'm lost on that one Bear.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    joeroket wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Legally rob you? How is that? I think I'm lost on that one Bear.
    Ok here the story. You drive thru the res on a state highway and the res cop stops you and tickets you, now you need to remember they were doing this illegally and theyfines you even thoughthey had no authority to do so, then would turn you into collections to collect on their illegal ticket and ruin your credit, again illegally and now the legislature is gonnalet them do it with their OK. Mind you the tribes never reimbused anyone theyrobbed or fixed anyone credit report either. You think this is a fair deal?It amounts to telling Tony the Muscle, who is a mobstermoney lender that he can now legally break your arm.

  22. #22
    Regular Member ATCer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    89

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Do indian police even have to attend the state accredited law enforcement academy in Burien or Spokane? I thought they just "deputized" people and gave them the "authority" to do anything they wanted... on tribal land anyway.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Legally rob you? How is that? I think I'm lost on that one Bear.
    Ok here the story. You drive thru the res on a state highway and the res cop stops you and tickets you, now you need to remember they were doing this illegally and theyfines you even thoughthey had no authority to do so, then would turn you into collections to collect on their illegal ticket and ruin your credit, again illegally and now the legislature is gonnalet them do it with their OK. Mind you the tribes never reimbused anyone theyrobbed or fixed anyone credit report either. You think this is a fair deal?It amounts to telling Tony the Muscle, who is a mobstermoney lender that he can now legally break your arm.
    AHHH... Now I see where you are coming from. Except for now it will be legal for them to do it. I am kind of torn on this subject. I kind of think that if the tribal officer meets the same criteria and qualifications as a Sheriff does and is deputized then it will ease the strain on the Sheriff and Troopers thus giving them the ability to pay more attention to non-tribal land.

    On the other hand I am not so sure it is a good idea because of the record that the tribal police have. I know their insurance company is not allowed to claim sovereign immunity and the tribe itself is required to waive it for suits against them due to unlawful activities by thier officers and the federal gov't is still in control of investigating any wrong doings by the tribal police but it still does not leave a good feeling in my gut. I guess only time will tell if the ones that are deputized will act accordingly and with a higher level of standard than they once did.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    ATCer wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Do indian police even have to attend the state accredited law enforcement academy in Burien or Spokane? I thought they just "deputized" people and gave them the "authority" to do anything they wanted... on tribal land anyway.
    The new state law giving the res copsthe authority, requires that the cops be accredited or they can't ticket. But a lot of res cops are notwhat you want as cops. One of our local res cops used to be a statie until he was caught banging another staties wife on his cruiser while on duty. That's on, not in. Now do you really want this guy being a cop?

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    ATCer wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Remember our "friend" Sheriff Lovick?... Just read this as the headline in today's paper: Tribal police to gain power to arrest non-Indians

    Read more here: http://heraldnet.com/article/2008040...st.non-Indians
    Yeah, after the tribes were doing it illegally for years and got jammed when Senator Tim Sheldon from Shelton got stopped on Highway 101 and ticketed, took them to court and the tribes backed off, the legislature in their infinite wisdom give it to them to do legally. Real fair, since the tribal members living on the res pay no taxes and now they can legally rob you.
    Do indian police even have to attend the state accredited law enforcement academy in Burien or Spokane? I thought they just "deputized" people and gave them the "authority" to do anything they wanted... on tribal land anyway.
    They are considered limited authority peace officers. They are very much like a corrections officer in thier power. They are not required to go through the CJTC's but they are required to have a minimum amount of training. The ones that will be deputized by Lovick are required to meet the state standards required for a fully commissioned peace officer. That is the reason he is only deputizing 17 of the 22 tribal officers.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •