• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invaders beat up pregnant women.

VAopencarry

imported post

How much lower can these scum suckers get?

STAFFORD, Va. -- [/b]Two pregnant women were attacked during a home invasion in Stafford County Friday night, authorities said.On Friday before midnight, three people went to a home in the 1000 block of Providence Street, knocked on the door and then forced their way inside when the door was opened. The intruders used Mace on a pregnant woman and punched her, authorities said. The woman, a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old were locked in a bathroom.Authorities said that two of the intruders went to the back of the home, where they found two other residents. One of those residents, another pregnant woman, was assaulted.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15814269/detail.html

LEO 229

imported post

You know..... It use to be that when you got burglarized.... The bad guy did not want to meet the home owner.

But bad guys now simply do not care and will visit you while your home and just rob you!!

Good to have a gun in a place you can retreat to if need be.

And I say "retreat to" not that you must.... but I do not walk around with a gun in my hand.I have one in a place I can escape to fromthe immediate threat and obtain it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hope they catch those SOBs and hang 'em high! I can't imagine how furious their husbands (ok, I'm making a huge assumption) must be.

I'm sending this story to my fiancee as yet one more example of why I either carry at home or have loaded gun nearby. She is coming around slowly but surely. I hate that it is other people's pain, anguish and loss are what is convincing her on the need to carry lethal force protection.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Well, most people still need to learn the hard way that they should have been aware and armed.

But I wonder if these women will think any differently after the attack...especially since it's usually the women of the house who are most in denial re: "senseless violence" and telling the (usually) wimpy "husband" there will be no guns in "her" house.

Not a whole lot of sympathy from me here...

-- John D.

cato

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
You know..... It use to be that when you got burglarized.... The bad guy did not want to meet the home owner.

But bad guys now simply do not care and will visit you while your home and just rob you!!

Good to have a gun in a place you can retreat to if need be.

And I say "retreat to" not that you must.... but I do not walk around with a gun in my hand.I have one in a place I can escape to fromthe immediate threat and obtain it.
I'm in my bath robe;) and have my 5 shot in my pocket. I carry something, even a small gun, 97.8% of the time. When you need it you need it.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

It's just they are getting brazen. They don't care about people, they believe they will not get caught, and having someone tell them where the good stuff is makes the job much easier.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Leo, I don't walk around with a gun in my hand either... that's what they make holsters for. I do carry full time, at home and everywhere I go. Emergencies happen fast. I live alone, so there is nobody to defend me but me.

The thing that strikes me about this story is that the woman actually opened the door to a stranger, unarmed no less! That is plain stupidity, and I wouldn't do that even here in rural Wyoming.

With the energy boom going on here, we've seen a lot of people from all over moving in and our crime rate is climbing. My little town had two breakins this March, and we now have at least one assault or other crime of aggression in "the blotter" each week.

And women who cling to the pacifist crap WILL eventually be victims. I'm sorry for them, but they are responsible for themselves. As for me: I am NOT a victim.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

It's just they are getting brazen. They don't care about people, they believe they will not get caught, and having someone tell them where the good stuff is makes the job much easier.
Nah, I don't think they are "getting brazen". They have been brazen for a long time. It is only in the last 10 years that we have started turning the tide and pushing back against their brazeness.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"...they believe they will not get caught..." -- coltcarrier

Even if they DO get caught, they will be back out on the street in no time. And even if they kill someone, lots of states don't have/use the death penalty and felons will be up for parole down the road...and then back on the street to do it all over again to someone else.

The only SURE penalty forsaid felonsis what they receive immediately "on the scene" as it were:A armed citizen killing them on the spot, whensaid felonsfirst show their criminal intent (and since by doing that they have identified themselves as the POS/trash they are -- no other proof required) and meeting that criminality with overwhelming "good" violence (yes, contrary to ignorant but popular belief, some violence really does solve problems).

Consequently, it's up to the armed citizen to administer true justice because thatusually is only accidental in the "criminal justice system."

Besides, aren't we supposed to be in a "war on crime?"

If so, take it seriously...I know I do: Kill the enemy.

-- John D.

XD40coyote

imported post

Yeah it is stupid to open the door to a stranger, but it is also possible they knew the people, it is not unheard of. But if they didn't know the people, then they were plain acting stupid. Stupid like the 20 yr old college student in "my old neighborhood" who accidently locked herself out of her apt at 8pm and allowed a stranger to help her break into her apt via the fire escape. The man then raped her after showing a gun.

When I was a young kid I was taught " don't talk to strangers, don't go somewhere with a stranger, don't take candy from a stranger,etc". This was added to as I got older, with examples of why you don't do this or that, and what you should do. I even grew up in a no-gun house and was taught to not touch a gun if I found one somewhere, instead find an adult you know and show it to them, or call the police if it's in an alley or something. I don't recall ever seeing a gun just set somewhere till I was a teen, then that was my hillbilly neighbors' guns they kinda just kept around LOL, butI didn't touch them either.

In college the student guard's boss lady told meI should be teaching the student safety class. She was sort of joking and never did invite me too, but the point was that I knew all the does and don'ts without attending any class. I pushed my luck all the time though often not by choice being as the neighborhood was were I had to walk daily-and nightly, but the dog kept the criminals at bay, howeverI WAS always aware of my surroundings, the problem was when someone would walk around a blind corner and suddenly be there. I used tough attitude and tough clothing as well. There was no way I was going to let some slimeball try something with me. One time someone did and my dog really wanted a piece of him, he was the son of this goofy lady who lived above me. My other housemate called the cops on him while he was yelling at me over BS and I was holding my dog back with all my strength. If that had been a life or death situation, I would have let the dog go on him and an 80 pound half cattle dog ( known for extreme loyalty)likley could do some real damage, and allow me to get away from the danger. I did not own any guns at that time, had plenty of knives though LOL.

LEO 229

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Yeah it is stupid to open the door to a stranger, but it is also possible they knew the people, it is not unheard of. But if they didn't know the people, then they were plain acting stupid. ... Snipped
Ya... I never answer my door. If I do not know you or you do not tell me you are coming over at night.. I do not answer. Most people I know call me first to say they are on the way.

If you kick in my door... I am closer to my gun stashed upstairs and can get it before you can get to me.

LEO 229

imported post

AbNo wrote:
This is what makes it hard to be a nice guy these days. :?
Nice people are known as victims or targets.

Criminals are eating away at our society as we become more aware and protect ourselves.

They have to go after what is left and that is the people who are kind and easily taken advantage of.

I love busting those people!! (Those people being the bag guys and not the kind people) :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

We get calls from home owners....

This guy knocked on my door and left. He then came back and is nowtrying to kick in my basement door!!

Makes you wonder what he would have done had the homeowner answered.

Rey

imported post

Wow.

Peaches asked me the other day why I'm so focused on security all of a sudden. It's b/c these things happen and they are largely either totally preventable or can be mitigated. There are few acts of violence that cannot be solved through superior firepower.

Yesterday some guy knocked on our door while she was home alone. She just stared at him through the peephole. He eventually went away.

I recently drilled three-inch wood screws into the door plates and hinges and we got a davey bar for the door. These things, although a pain in the ass, are necessary in this day and age. While they will not stop a determined thug, theygive her the time to get to the Mossberg 12ga.which will.

EDIT: Congratulations to me on my 100th post! :celebrate

compmanio365

imported post

Rey wrote:
Wow.

Peaches asked me the other day why I'm so focused on security all of a sudden. It's b/c these things happen and they are largely either totally preventable or can be mitigated. There are few acts of violence that cannot be solved through superior firepower.

Yesterday some guy knocked on our door while she was home alone. She just stared at him through the peephole. He eventually went away.

I recently drilled three-inch wood screws into the door plates and hinges and we got a davey bar for the door. These things, although a pain in the ass, are necessary in this day and age. While they will not stop a determined thug, theygive her the time to get to the Mossberg 12ga.which will.

EDIT: Congratulations to me on my 100th post! :celebrate
Tell me more about a "davey bar"......I am looking to reinforce some of my home's entry points (two big panel windows on the ground floor and two doors on the front of the house with dead bolts, but that's it......), and would like to do it on the cheap if possible. I tried putting a chain lock on the front door, but when someone forgot it was on there and simply pushed hard on the door when coming in, it came right out of the wall......so not much confidence there on stopping anyone......

I live in a house where people have come to asking for the previous crack dealer, and while none have been violent so far (especially considering once they see the holstered sidearm on my hip), I don't want to take any chances. It's a nice neighborhood, but that previous connection makes me nervous.

I know this might take things a bit OT, but part of self defense in your home is preventing the BG from getting through the door in the first place.....or at least delaying them long enough to prepare for extreme violence. Given the time, I would rather grab my AK than use any of my pistols for home defense.......

LEO 229

imported post

Do any of you recall back in the day when your parents and neighbors would leave the doors unlocked overnight?

Do that today and some guy will sneak in or see what he can grab while you sleep or come to your bedroom and molest the ladies.

So sad.....

bohdi

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Do any of you recall back in the day when your parents and neighbors would leave the doors unlocked overnight?

Do that today and some guy will sneak in or see what he can grab while you sleep or come to your bedroom and molest the ladies.

So sad.....
Overnight? We'd go on vacation an not lock up. I think my mom started to about three years ago, but that's when Meth became a much more serious problem where I grew up.

LEO 229

imported post

bohdi wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

So sad.....
Overnight? We'd go on vacation an not lock up. I think my mom started to about three years ago, but that's when Meth became a much more serious problem where I grew up.
We left the keys in the car ignition too.....

Times have changed....