• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling Green... a.k.a BORING GREEN

Cypherdust

imported post

I am getting my first gun this week and will be open carrying until I get my CCDW. I am getting a Taurus pt145 with Night Sights. I am looking for a range to go to, where do you go?

PFC Helms

imported post

Well there is the Firing Line over on Shive lane out behind the bowling alley and everything but usually i go out to my friends farm and jus go plinking out there but the Firing Line has a decent range and is pretty cheap to go shoot there.

sounds like a nice peice I carry a glock 22 in 40SW in a serpa paddle wanting to get me some night sights for it soon and also about to get a 1911.

Cypherdust

imported post

I live in an apt. with 2 roommates and a maintenance team with a key to every apt. I trust them but i want it to be a little harder to get to then just sitting on the night stand. Question for you, Have you had any trouble carrying at any of the wal-marts in town?

PFC Helms

imported post

Naw wal-marts are fien the only placeI have had any trouble carrying is at Citizens first bank see my other post for thatI live in an apt as well with 3 roommates but whenI moved in I changed the locks out on my doors and lock them whenI am not in my room and I'm the only one with a key

but yea bowing green is a great place to carry need to see some more OCer's out and about beforeI started OCinI called BGPD and they said no problem as well as a few other LEO's I know

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Cypherdust wrote:
I just picked up a Fobus paddle holster. Now all i need is a safe, I was thinking about getting a little fireproof document safe but I am not sure yet.
I have one attached to the floor of the truck (when the need arises). It fits my full size 1911(loaded) with 2 spare mags and comes with a cable that can be locked down. Made of 21 guage steel and it takes a beating. Buy two and they send them keyed alike at no cost.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282585

Anyone ever get over to Madisonville? My old stomping grounds...

boohickey11

imported post

Cypherdust wrote:
I plan to do the empty holster protest at least one of the 2 days ill be on campus. I got the gun tonight, but I did not carry into wal-mart, I was not quite ready.

If your doing the protest you should have contacted me. I really need to know how many students are doing the protest. No one has ever told me whether they would do it or not and I end up just assuming it's just me. When we did the last one I still don't know if anyone else participated.

PFC Helms

imported post

here in the next couple of weeks would yall be interested in an OC dinner if ur in the Bowling Green or surrounding areas. Let me know who's interested andI'llsee about arranging one.

PFC Helms

imported post

yea it's contagious lol. I got my roomate interested and he has a beretta 96D on it's way and we have to pick him up a holster for it. I've also convinced him that the Serpa is the best holster. but about the dinner let me know what type of food yall like and suggestions for resturaunts would bee good if its good for everyone prolly a Saturday or maybe a Thursday but If i can find a few I will start a post for just a bowling green area dinner and see who is interested

kykpaul

imported post

hey guys, i'm from the somerset area, but i am going to be at western in the fall and i would be glad to join in on the empty holster protest. just let me know how it's gonna go, and i think it's a great idea!

boohickey11

imported post

Well, we have not announced the next protest yet. It will probably be around October. Things are kind of slow right now that school is out and most state governments have convened. Except there is still a bill for CC on Campus alive in Louisiana.

Visit ConcealedCampus.com and the Facebook group.

kykpaul

imported post

ok, that sounds good, and if you don't mind, let me know as soon as planning for the next protest begins, i'm new to this forum and only just turned 18 a couple months ago, but this seems like something i would really like to get into and i have strong feelings about the 2nd amendment.