• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this poll on GMU campus carry!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.nbc4.com/education/15817713/detail.html- click "Take Survey"

--

Watch video - then take note:

GMU spokesmen are like snake oil salesmen - they always promise more that they can deliver.

The new post-VT killings regulation that applies to the public is published at8VAC35-60, see http://leg1.state.va.us/000/reg/TOC08035.HTM#C0060, clearly states that gun carry is banned from carry in buildings and events, but not common grounds. If you call the GMU campus police, they will confirm this - that the police will not harass anyone just driving or walking over campus grounds for carrying a gun (legally of course - the campus police may enforce state law banning brandishing, etc.). Remember, even student gun carry to class is not unlawful in VA, and most states.

As for an "AG ruling", the only published AG opinion on this is very pro-college power, see http://www.vcdl.org/pdf/OP-05-078.pdf, but GMU's reg. runs afoul of even this opinion by banning gun carry in all buildings, and not just classroom buildings.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Still only 4 nays. I'm glad to see the college students actually fighting for something meaningful. When I am losing faith in younger generations, stories like this make me feel a lot better and have some hope.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Still only 4 nays.  I'm glad to see the college students actually fighting for something meaningful.  When I am losing faith in younger generations, stories like this make me feel a lot better and have some hope.
A number of members on this site *are* the younger generations!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Still only 4 nays. I'm glad to see the college students actually fighting for something meaningful. When I am losing faith in younger generations, stories like this make me feel a lot better and have some hope.
A number of members on this site *are* the younger generations!
I know that and I didn't mean to sound disparaging to our more youthful members. I was talking in a broader sense. I realize I really phrased that badly. Sorry.

bohdi

imported post

Oh yeah. I "hit it". It felt so good I "hit it again", lol. Glad they at least say their poll is not scientific. One extra for our side, lol.