• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Advisory wallet card

SpringerXDacp

imported post

1COUNTRYBOY wrote:
yes it does look like a coffin,hhhhmmmm........gun rights/coffin like symbol......hhhhhmmmm I wonder. Everyone says this website is for education of the public and expression of our rights. Not to freak'em out. You how PC the libs wanna be. Why not take the high road?

(ok so some of you think I'm a puss now,I can take it like a man,I'm in touch with my inner b**ch) (my 2 cents) :lol:

Venator Wrote:

No significance, just trying to give the impression of a holster on a belt and trying to stay within the rules of heraldry. Also there are a few other color combinations that are permitted, so any comments are welcome.

The rules of heraldry part...may want to ask Brian about that. :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Sailorwatson wrote:
The 'key hole' on the right looks like a coffin.

Since I'm the one that designed the coat of arms I have this to say. I tried to keep the design within the rules of heraldry and the design was my attempt to abstractly depict a covered holster on a belt (open carry). The design was posted for comments. After a few changes it was decided to go with this design. Like all designs and clouds people can see all types of things within them. It's kind of like an ink blot, if you see a coffin, perhaps you are preoccupied with death. Some see ice cream cones, a foodie??

If someone else would like to design a logo by all means do so and propose it on the board.

SQLtables

imported post

1COUNTRYBOY wrote:
yes it does look like a coffin,hhhhmmmm........gun rights/coffin like symbol......hhhhhmmmm I wonder. Everyone says this website is for education of the public and expression of our rights. Not to freak'em out. You know how PC the libs wanna be. Why not take the high road?

(ok so some of you think I'm a puss now,I can take it like a man,I'm in touch with my inner b**ch) (my 2 cents) :lol:

Well, it kinda looks like a coffin, but your standard coffin shape isn't rounded is it? I mean, I suppose a coffin could be ANY shape....

I like the design on the right better, whether it's coffin-like or not... wasn't this already decided?

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
Sailorwatson wrote:

Since I'm the one that designed the coat of arms I have this to say. I tried to keep the design within the rules of heraldry and the design was my attempt to abstractly depict a covered holster on a belt (open carry). The design was posted for comments. After a few changes it was decided to go with this design. Like all designs and clouds people can see all types of things within them. It's kind of like an ink blot, if you see a coffin, perhaps you are preoccupied with death. Some see ice cream cones, a foodie??

If someone else would like to design a logo by all means do so and propose it on the board.
Venator, I hope you're not offended, it was hard to tell from your post. I don't think anybody was attacking your design. I, for one, think you did a great job. :)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
Sailorwatson wrote:

Venator, I hope you're not offended, it was hard to tell from your post. I don't think anybody was attacking your design. I, for one, think you did a great job. :)

Countryboys comment was pushing it. But, much like myself, he does not understand heraldry or the rules thereof.

If it was that simple (heraldry), I'm fairly certain Brian would have simply planted a Glock or 1911 or something on it.

1COUNTRYBOY

imported post

If I offened anyone I apoligize deeply. It was not my intention. A previous post approved because it did look like a coffin. (Sailorwatson) I just stated the other view.

Again I apoligize if i offened anyone

SQLtables

imported post

1COUNTRYBOY wrote:
If I offened anyone I apoligize deeply. It was not my intention. A previous post approved because it did look like a coffin. (Sailorwatson) I just stated the other view.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, hopefully he doesn't get offended easily by random internet people.

I think the logo is fine, in fact, I like it a lot. I don't really think it looks like a coffin without looking at it andtrying to make it look like a coffin.

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
1COUNTRYBOY wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, hopefully he doesn't get offended easily by random internet people.

I think the logo is fine, in fact, I like it a lot. I don't really think it looks like a coffin without looking at it andtrying to make it look like a coffin.
No worries. I'm fine. I just suggested that if someone wanted to submit something different it would be fine with me. I don't own Michigan opencarry, I just want what's best for the group.

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
1COUNTRYBOY wrote:

No worries. I'm fine. I just suggested that if someone wanted to submit something different it would be fine with me. I don't own Michigan opencarry, I just want what's best for the group.
You're doing fine by me :)

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
1COUNTRYBOY wrote:

You're doing fine by me :)
I agree. w/e you are doing Brian keep it up.

Sailorwatson

imported post

Venator wrote:
Sailorwatson wrote:

Sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. I, along with other here, think it looks great. Just a casual observation.

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

Like any cop is gonna bother reading a stupid card you hand them. If they don't like you, you're going to jail. Plain and simple. You're not gonna change their minds out on the street that what your doing is legal if they come up to you thinking you're doing something illegal.

So why don't we all just stop trying to convince the cops when they come to us and shut up and do what they say and fix it all in court. It's fine to try to "educate" them before any incidents happen, but not out on the street when they are thinking of putting you in jail.

Seriously people, wake up and smell the friggin roses. Cops are used to being told all the time "but this is legal, you can't arrest me"! Those people are still arrested. I've never ONCE heard of a circumstance where someone was able to talk themsevles out of an arrest EVER!

SQLtables

imported post

Thanks for the input...

Edit to add some value to this post:

As stated in the OP, the card is more of a source for us rather than to give the LEO. As in the OP, it looks like it will include tips on dealing with an encounter, not just the laws.

WARCHILD

imported post

It is far easier to do nothing and go no where, than to try anything and go everywhere. If we gave up on a "lost cause" the time would have been wasted even trying. Those like us who "wake up and smell the roses", invented the wheel and put a man on the moon. As I used to tell my scouts, "To try anything, is an accomplisment; to win is just a benefit of the effort".

Thanks, I think I'll just keep trying.

Venator

imported post

VtCO wrote:
Like any cop is gonna bother reading a stupid card you hand them. If they don't like you, you're going to jail. Plain and simple. You're not gonna change their minds out on the street that what your doing is legal if they come up to you thinking you're doing something illegal.

So why don't we all just stop trying to convince the cops when they come to us and shut up and do what they say and fix it all in court. It's fine to try to "educate" them before any incidents happen, but not out on the street when they are thinking of putting you in jail.

Seriously people, wake up and smell the friggin roses. Cops are used to being told all the time "but this is legal, you can't arrest me"! Those people are still arrested. I've never ONCE heard of a circumstance where someone was able to talk themsevles out of an arrest EVER!
The card is for the OCer to use and NOT for the LEO's. It is a guideline on how to act if detained. You might want to read the text of the card before you make comments.

jmlefler

imported post

Yeh, I dunno, using the coffin or holster as part of the fess....shouldn't the charge be placed on the fess, not in it?

Populusfuimus vox perfero telum!

But, there's them that do, and them that b*tch...

:cool:

Venator

imported post

jmlefler wrote:
Yeh, I dunno, using the coffin or holster as part of the fess....shouldn't the charge be placed on the fess, not in it?

Populusfuimus vox perfero telum!

But, there's them that do, and them that b*tch...

:cool:
Some compromises was taken to get to this design. While the holster? charge could go over the fessa fess can be embattled, dovetailed, engrailed, etc.. I suppose a rough start at a blazon would be:A fess nowed chief and keystoned base (or embattled base, depending on how straight you draw the lines). I felt the design flowed better with having the fess modified as apposed to a charge over it. All blazon suggestions welcome.