• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be in Boise for a day.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

This coming weekend I'll be going toBoise with my family. I won't be there for long, (Just a few hours probably, and sleep the night) but I intend to OC. I'm from NV, and am 18 with no permits of any kind.

From what I see, the laws in Idaho seem to be very much like they are in NV, therefore I will likely OC everywhere I go unless they ask me to leave or have signs/metal detectors.

I looked online and couldn't find anything that would prohibit firearms in rest areas, but I figured I'dask aboutthat too since a lot of states have complicated laws concerning rest areas that are well burried.

Just posting here in case there is anything I should know that wasn't obvious when I read over the code in the firearms section of Idaho law : http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Knowing the law is your friend. Glad you've looked into it.

Don't go into a K-12 school or Boise State. Don't go past metal detectors in the airport and don't try to go into the courthouse, and you'll be fine.
ANYWHERE else is legal. Just don't go waving it around at people and you'll be legal. It doesn't matter that you're not an Idaho resident either. You're legal. You might get hassled, mostly because of your age, but I highly doubt it... there're a lot of guys your age OCing up here now! Stay safe! Condition Yellow always!

Enjoy your stay!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Just got back. Boise is quite a nice city. Its nice and clean.

Nobody cared that I OC'ed at the hotel I stayed at, although some people noticed (but didn't say anything)

Also, nobody at KFC cared, nor at a wide variety of gas stations and convenience stores in Idaho.

Good experience, as expected.