• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MTAC vs. Spartan

davychanchan

imported post

has anybody used the minotaur spartan? is there a big difference between it and the MTAC?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I haven't but with those interchangable holster bodies I think I'm going to be buying and using one of those models in the new future. Think I have finally found my "good" IWB to try out rather than my "cheapy" IWB I have been using in the meantime.

Thanks for the link !

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

davychanchan wrote:
has anybody used the minotaur spartan? is there a big difference between it and the MTAC?

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102
The Spartan is a "meat and potatoes" economy version of the MTAC. The Spartan is tuckable, you can adjust the cant, and you can get additional kydex half-bodies for different weapons, all like the MTAC. It's not as pretty, and the fasteners aren't covered, but it'll save you a few dollars.
There's your difference. :D

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have the spartin, at first I was concerned that the uncovered fasteners would hurt, but I can't even feel them. Very nice IWB.

Can't say how it compares to the MTAC though because I've never used one.