• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing through Malheur County, Oregon.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I'm 18 with no permits of any kind, but am planning on open carrying on my way through the southern part of Malheur County, Oregon on Highway 95 on my way through to Boise Idaho from Nevada.

Since Oregon allows counties and cities to regulate firearm posession etc. I looked up Malheur, Oregon rules and determined they are only prohibited at Bully Creek Park and Reservoir, which I have no intention of going through.

On google maps, the only town on the Highway that showed up was "Burns Junction" which online I couldn't find any information about nor laws.

So basically, I presume that I should be fine passing through. I probably won't stop at anywhere except maybe gas stations, and maybe rest areas if there are some. (Is there any laws concerning firearms in rest areas? my limited search only revealed no discharge permitted.)

But I just figured I'd mention it in case there was something in the law I wasn't noticing.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I had no problems in Malheur. I only got out to read historical markers and to look around Jordan Valley City a little bit. No real interaction with anyone.

pdxwarrior

imported post

Sorry that you didn't get any responses in your thread. I am not familiar with the area and have just recently become involved in the forum.

I would imagine that in locations such as that, you wouldn't have much trouble. Seems that it's only the more populated areas that are concerned with restricting open carry.