• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sellior & bellot ammo

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I have shot over 2,00 rounds of S&B FMJ with no problems. I have shot all kinds of other ammo with no problems including Jacketed Hollow points. However, I recently shot two boxes of S&B JHP and had failure to feed problems. The cause is still unknown. Also, S&B is now selling some of their range ammo made with brass plated steel cases. This may take a toll on your extractor.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've used several hundreds of rounds of it in both 9mm and .45 with no problems. Was neither impressed or disappointed. About equally dirty as WWB, it was at least as accurate as I am. I also shot one box of 9mm JHP (originally bought it for SD rd, decided to use a different ammo so shot it out) with no problems.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I'veshot many hundreds of rounds of .380, 9mm and .40 without any issues whatsoever.

I've still got a large supply I bought a while ago, thanks for the current steel case info, Virginiaplanter.

davychanchan

imported post

well, i'm not sure if i got the coated steel or brass casings, but i just bought 400 rounds for $42. i guess you can't beat that:D

Sa45auto

imported post

I have a Taurus 617 .357 revolver.

I love the gun, but it does not like S&B ammo.

When I used that ammo, both FMJ and JSP I found that after firing a round or two, the cilinder, would resist rotation.

It would rotate, but it would act like something was catching.

I contacted Taurus and talked with one of their gun tech's.

He told me that with the close tolerances on their revolvers, this sometimes happened with cheep forign ammo.

The primer would buldge or the dirty powder would build up on the front of the cilinder and foul the gap.

I guaged my headspace and my gap and found the tolerences close but within specs.

I have never had a problem with this revolver and American made ammo.

Just a word of caution.