• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Public Park

ATCer

imported post

Okay, I could've sworn that some time ago, someone posted their experience OCing at Reid Park in Tucson. The individual was asked to cover up by a TPD Officer. Long story short, I can't remember exactly how it ended. What is the legality of OCing at Reid Park? I'd like to have my ducks in a row before I actually do it.

Armed4Life

imported post

Cities can restrict carry in parks to concealed weapons permit holders (see ARS 13-3108). If a city does have a such an ordinance, you need a permit to legally carry there. If you have a permit, you can open carry and they can't force you to cover up.

ATCer

imported post

Okay, that's it. I remember he had a city attorney or something come to the park to clear everything up. Thanks for the info! So I reckon this would be one of the situations that you would be required by law to present your CPL to the officer/deputy?