• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 20th, 2008 Lunch/Dinner Get-Together

Misguided Child

imported post

Burlington is across the river from Mt Vernon. Two minutes on the freeway? There is a pretty good BBQ place in Mt Vernon, but of course I can't remember the name.

Also, the tulip thing, if you take the Conway, LaConnor exit and follow the signs to the tulip festival there will be a large roadside stand where they sell food, tulips, t-shirts and Ice cream.It's mostly open air butwould give us a LOT of exposure to the hundreds of people up from the big city to look at the pretty flowers. It would also help with getting your wives/girlfriends to come along. Conway is about 15 minutes south of Mt Vernon on I-5 and consists of two gas stations and 5 houses or so. Oh yeah, several antique places too, maybe ya oughta leave the wives at home....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Mightybigjosh wrote:
That would be the Double Barrel BBQ on HW 20 East just seconds from the freeway. 320 N Burlington Blvd, Burlington, WA 98233. Come on guys, the name says it all!!!

I'm in. If some folks want to carpool from Tacoma/Federal Way let me know as well.

Misguided Child

imported post

Actually it would have been Country Girls BBQ...whos' phone is disconnected or no longer in service.

Double Barrel isn't open on Sunday.

The search continues....

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Thats over 100 miles from Olympia.... with gas prices these days, I won't be able to make it... unless some local guys want to carpool and split ...

My car can seat 4 others, comfortably, and gets ~25 MPG on the highway ;)

IMAG0024.jpg

compmanio365

imported post

I'm thinking many guys down here in Thurston or South Pierce counties won't be able to make it due to gas. I know I won't be able to with my SUV. Do those of us that won't be able to make it up north want to plan something down this way? I know of a good pizza place on 6th Ave in Tacoma, and 6th Ave seems like a good place to get some OC exposure........

surfj9009

imported post

Just found out I will not be able to make it either. My Uncle and Grandma have to come to Spokane next week, so I don't need to drive over there. Sorry guys. maybe another time.

just_a_car

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
Just found out I will not be able to make it either. My Uncle and Grandma have to come to Spokane next week, so I don't need to drive over there. Sorry guys. maybe another time.
Damn... there goes the idea of not paying shipping.

just_a_car

imported post

Okay, so it's a day before the Lunch and we're still not down on a location... yet again.

I'm going to call a location and if I end up eating alone, so be it.

1:00PM (I'll stick around until at least 3:00pm even if no one shows).

Red Robin
18410 33rd Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98037

This is the one across the street from (West of) Alderwood Mall. The reason I'm calling it here is because we've been having so much discussion about their so-called "policy" about no firearms, lawfully carried or not, yet have so many reports of good OC around the state. I want to see if a manager will kick out a huge group of OC'ers.

I purposely didn't choose Northgate Red Robin because it's part of the mall (literally part of the building) and that could muddy the waters as to who's right it is to ban firearms on that location and I want no question as to whom is booting us if such happens. Plus, Billy McHale's is a 10 second walk from there and I've OC'd there without issue a couple times (Yes, I know you guys had an OC Lunch there over a year ago, but so what? :p)

If you see this and intend on attending, please say so, so I have an idea of how big of a table we'll need.

uncoolperson

imported post

saddly that's a bit south for me... and at the same time i'll be plastering WWU with SCCC posters:)

something about fliers in support of something that is this un-PC yet should be very PCR (go ahead, use the term... it means "personaly responsible and correct", actually please do... it took me a few beers to come up with it) is still pretty neat.

If anyone is up this way and wants to do something earlier or later let me know...

Mightybigjosh

imported post

I am in. See you there at one. I forgot to bring my other holster, but I'll still have my IWB on me. Who knows, maybe I'll just have to go out and pick up a new holster for this special occasion (this will be the first OC gathering I've been able to attend).

Can't wait to meet you all!

Josh

phoneguy

imported post

I will look around for just a car. I met him before @ the BBQ in Snohomish last Nov.

just_a_car

imported post

Well, Mightybigjosh, phone guy, jim675, and I all made it to Red Robin. I was a few minutes late, but they had just checked-in and we stood around in the lobby for what seemed about 15-20 minutes and I had my G27 in my Serpa CQC with light blue pants and light grey T-shirt, strong-side to the door. I was told by Jim (as I couldn't see for myself) that at least 7 or 8 people visibly noticed, but I would venture at least 10 probably saw it.

We then got seated around 1:20'ish, ordered, ate and conversed until 3:00pm when we left after paying. I guess more than a few people seated around us (again, noticed by Jim, as I wasn't really looking) were taken-aback by the fact that all these guys had guns.

We then talked a bit more out front of Red Robin's then parted our seperate ways.

All in all an uneventful and pleasant OC-outing, if a low turnout. It sure was a Purdy day for it! :cool: