Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again, who's going?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Sure would be nice to see lots of pro gun people!
    http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/17418529.html

Post imported post

The Brady demonstration is cancelled.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/search...4-08-0119.html

Edit: Ooops, now I see that they just moved it to the capitol.

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    The Brady demonstration is cancelled.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/search...4-08-0119.html

+1....for Tech....but

This one's at the Capitol and as far as I know. it's going on as scheduled!:X

Post imported post

I just checked with D.E.B. and they HAVE issued a permit to "Protest Easy Guns" for the 16th.

Post imported post

"It's crushing, it's absolutely painful," Lori Hass said. "There's been 31 school shootings since April 16, '07 and frankly, I don't think the majority of the general public knows that." not in virginia

Lori says 32 people dressed in black and wearing ribbons will lie down for three minutes - which is the average time she says it takes somebody to buy a gun in America. not in virginia

is she protesting for virginia or all of america?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

fizzer wrote:
    "It's crushing, it's absolutely painful," Lori Hass said. "There's been 31 school shootings since April 16, '07 and frankly, I don't think the majority of the general public knows that."
    And there was almost a church mass shooting at New Life Church in Colorado. I don't think the majority of the general public knows that either.

Post imported post

fizzer wrote:
    Lori says 32 people dressed in black and wearing ribbons will lie down for three minutes - which is the average time she says it takes somebody to buy a gun in America. not in virginia
    I can't walk into the gun store, say hi and start filling out the NCIC form in 3 minutes. If I walked into an FFL I know with cash in hand and they had the gun ready to hand to me and handed me the form as I walked in the door, there is no way the form is getting filled out, called in, verfied, and then I'm paying and checking out in 3 minutes. I don't know what body part she pulled that out of but there is absolutely no way possible that is true.

I think they figured out how long they could get a stupid hippie to lay on the ground looking like a moron, averaged it out to 3 minutes and then made up a statistic about gun purchases to match their wacked-out reality.

There is no way that a sale is going down in 3 minutes unless it is a 2nd or 3rd meeting between private parties and the firearm was thoroughly checked out in prior meetings (in which case the total buying process was much longer than 3 minutes) or if the sale is going down between 2 Crips on a street corner in which case I would believe 3 minutes.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

No one who had ever actually bought a gun would say stupid **** like that. Why would anybody listen to somebody who clearly has no idea what they're talking about (rhetorical question)?

Also (in reference to the New Life Church incident), when will people realize that these mass shooting always happen in places where the shooter suspects he will face no armed opposition? Schools, churches, malls. How obvious does it have to be?

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I think they figured out how long they could get a stupid hippie to lay on the ground looking like a moron, averaged it out to 3 minutes and then made up a statistic about gun purchases to match their wacked-out reality.
    OMG LMAOROTF! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! DUDE I'M AT WORK YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post imported post

OK, this is proof that PEG is out to screw with us.

A while back there was a suggestion to refer to events like what PEG is staging as "Red Shoe" rallies, referring to the blood of victims that these folks dance in.

The Shad Planking is always scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday in April, and most of the politicians who are planning on running for office next year usually attend that event. Last year the politico attendance was down due to the Va Tech incident, and now it looks like there will be a conflict in attendance between the two events again.

Politicians know they can get better press coverage weeping over dead bodies than they can going off in the woods to drink beer and tell bad stories about each other.

It is a shame that some of us will have to choose between the two events. I feel "stuck" as I have alreadypromised to be at the VCDL booth at theShad Planking for the morning shift. It's not the cost of the ticket that bothers me (although it is equal to a box of ammo). It's that many of the politicians I was hoping to talk to/with will be at the Bell Tower instead, and may not make the trip out in the afternoon.

Would someone who is going to the Red Shoe Rally at the Bell Tower please loom for me. I'm sorry that I will not be there to do so in person.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited for mispellings

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    OK, this is proof that PEG is out to screw with us.

A while back there was a suggestion to refer to events like what PEG is staging as "Red Shoe" rallies, referring to the blood of victims that these folks dance in.

The Shad Planking is always scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday in April, and most of the politicians who are planning on running for office next year usually attend that event. Last year the politico attendance was down due to the Va Tech incident, and now it looks like there will be a conflict in attendance between the two events again.

Politicians know they can get better press coverage weeping over dead bodies than they can going off in the woods to drink beer and tell bad stories about each other.

It is a shame that some of us will have to choose between the two events. I feel "stuck" as I have alreadypromised to be at the VCDL booth at theShad Planking for the morning shift. It's not the cost of the ticket that bothers me (although it is equal to a box of ammo). It's that many of the politicians I was hoping to talk to/with will be at the Bell Tower instead, and may not make the trip out in the afternoon.

Would someone who is going to the Red Shoe Rally at the Bell Tower please loom for me. I'm sorry that I will not be there to do so in person.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited for mispellings

I'll be running two video cameras and a still but I'll find a few minutes to loom for you!

I may take an end of the world size bottle of aspirin for Officer White.:what:

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I can't walk into the gun store, say hi and start filling out the NCIC form in 3 minutes. If I walked into an FFL I know with cash in hand and they had the gun ready to hand to me and handed me the form as I walked in the door, there is no way the form is getting filled out, called in, verfied, and then I'm paying and checking out in 3 minutes. I don't know what body part she pulled that out of but there is absolutely no way possible that is true.

There is no way that a sale is going down in 3 minutes unless it is a 2nd or 3rd meeting between private parties and the firearm was thoroughly checked out in prior meetings (in which case the total buying process was much longer than 3 minutes) or if the sale is going down between 2 Crips on a street corner in which case I would believe 3 minutes.
    Yeah, but average the time for those of us who buy legally with the hundreds of sales on the streets of DC - cash - gun, gone. Remember how "average" is calculated, if they do it right.

D'oh. I'm giving them too much credit.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Maybe someone should counter protest the same way with "This is how you will be when the police finally show up, 20 minutes after the shooting happens"

Post imported post

Cripes the last gun I bought took me 2 weeks to get home! But even if MD had the instant check and none of this waiting period/fax to state police crap, it still takes 20 minutes just to do the paperwork! LOL- this after waiting for the guy ahead of me to finish his transaction. I thinkI spent 40 mins in there and this was a private sale/transfer of a handgun, not a dealer sale, and the price and terms were all agreed upon in advance. It didn't take much time to hand the private seller the cash, but both of us had to give ID's and info, and me having to fill out the forms. It took 2 weeks because someone screwed up the fax process with the St Police and this wasn't discovered till 7 days later, so it had to be resubmitted.

Standard long guns in MD, they do the instant check for, but it still takes a bit of time to do paperwork and for the dealer to make the call, be put on hold, then get the verification. So this would be akin to VA gun buying, right?

And yes I like the idea of a counter protest, but lets put our people on the ground too and have banners saying " when seconds count, police are minutes away" and "police took over 9 mins to get inside, Cho killed 30 in just under that".

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    Cripes the last gun I bought took me 2 weeks to get home! But even if MD had the instant check and none of this waiting period/fax to state police crap, it still takes 20 minutes just to do the paperwork! LOL- this after waiting for the guy ahead of me to finish his transaction. I thinkI spent 40 mins in there and this was a private sale/transfer of a handgun, not a dealer sale, and the price and terms were all agreed upon in advance. It didn't take much time to hand the private seller the cash, but both of us had to give ID's and info, and me having to fill out the forms. It took 2 weeks because someone screwed up the fax process with the St Police and this wasn't discovered till 7 days later, so it had to be resubmitted.

Standard long guns in MD, they do the instant check for, but it still takes a bit of time to do paperwork and for the dealer to make the call, be put on hold, then get the verification. So this would be akin to VA gun buying, right?

And yes I like the idea of a counter protest, but lets put our people on the ground too and have banners saying " when seconds count, police are minutes away" and "police took over 9 mins to get inside, Cho killed 30 in just under that".

I'm not so sure about a counter protest. I really hope Pro 2A has a BIG showing ....but remember it is a tragic day to for the parents that aren't using it as an excuse. Just because the anti's want to be insensitive a$$holes, doesn't mean we should be.

Just a big showing with something to identify us as Pro Gun, is all that's needed.

I do think looming would be acceptable.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    Personally my dear woman I would just suggest booing them to shame and leaving it at that. Tell them to go home and come back another day. I wasn't planning on being there (VA Tech) the 16th but I will be now....

Edit: I will not be OCing but will be CCing due to respect for the occasion.

Post imported post

Double Tap

Post imported post

Oh I am sorry, I didn't mean to go counter-protest at VT on the 16th.

All groups should have stayed away in respect. Your views can wait a day.

Post imported post

I was just kidding about the die-in counter protest, I tend to come up with elaborate and rediculous scenes not intended for reality, but rather for fiction and to muse over as to the point being made. But a bunch of OCers with signs that say "guns save lives" or something, acting nice and mature, would be wonderful.

Oh and this is for if the antis do their stunt at Richmond, NOT VT.

Post imported post

I'll be at the protest at the State Capital in Richmond at 11:00 a.m. on the 16th at the Bell Tower.

I'll be open carrying, and will probably have a "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away" placard.

Post imported post

I've been thinking about this alot. I don't think I'm going to go, and perhaps none of us should. There's already been a small victory with them being told to stay off campus, lol. If we (pro-rights) folks show up, that will just give more film for the news crews, and make the nightly story that much longer. Typically I'm all for showing up and quietly standing around, lingering if you will, while excercising my first amendment rights. But what if no one else showed up? That would actually be funny, because it would lend no credibility to their cause and what they are trying to do. Can you imagine if there were just the 32 morons there to lie down? If I was a newsie I'd be like, what a BS assignment, this isn't a story......

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    I've been thinking about this alot. I don't think I'm going to go, and perhaps none of us should. There's already been a small victory with them being told to stay off campus, lol. If we (pro-rights) folks show up, that will just give more film for the news crews, and make the nightly story that much longer. Typically I'm all for showing up and quietly standing around, lingering if you will, while excercising my first amendment rights. But what if no one else showed up? That would actually be funny, because it would lend no credibility to their cause and what they are trying to do. Can you imagine if there were just the 32 morons there to lie down? If I was a newsie I'd be like, what a BS assignment, this isn't a story......
    I think we should make our voice heard, but just be careful to ensure it's not too loud on this solemn occasion. When good men stay silent...

Post imported post

I think we shoud be heard too, I'm an advocate about that, don't get me wrong. Pick your time though....fire for effect. That sort of thing.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    I think we shoud be heard too, I'm an advocate about that, don't get me wrong. Pick your time though....fire for effect. That sort of thing.
    For sure. I think VCDL is right not to do anything on VT's campus that day. In front of the Supreme Court, I wouldn't mind having a few people wearing t-shirts or signs on their back and solemnly, quietly, respectfully looking on.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Maybe signs quoting Kaine's "riding their political hobbyhorse" statement would be appropriate as a counter protest.
    ---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast