• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we go again, who's going?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I just checked with D.E.B. and they HAVE issued a permit to "Protest Easy Guns" for the 16th.

fizzer

imported post

"It's crushing, it's absolutely painful," Lori Hass said. "There's been 31 school shootings since April 16, '07 and frankly, I don't think the majority of the general public knows that." not in virginia

Lori says 32 people dressed in black and wearing ribbons will lie down for three minutes - which is the average time she says it takes somebody to buy a gun in America. not in virginia

is she protesting for virginia or all of america?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fizzer wrote:
"It's crushing, it's absolutely painful," Lori Hass said. "There's been 31 school shootings since April 16, '07 and frankly, I don't think the majority of the general public knows that."
And there was almost a church mass shooting at New Life Church in Colorado. I don't think the majority of the general public knows that either.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fizzer wrote:
Lori says 32 people dressed in black and wearing ribbons will lie down for three minutes - which is the average time she says it takes somebody to buy a gun in America. not in virginia
I can't walk into the gun store, say hi and start filling out the NCIC form in 3 minutes. If I walked into an FFL I know with cash in hand and they had the gun ready to hand to me and handed me the form as I walked in the door, there is no way the form is getting filled out, called in, verfied, and then I'm paying and checking out in 3 minutes. I don't know what body part she pulled that out of but there is absolutely no way possible that is true.

I think they figured out how long they could get a stupid hippie to lay on the ground looking like a moron, averaged it out to 3 minutes and then made up a statistic about gun purchases to match their wacked-out reality.

There is no way that a sale is going down in 3 minutes unless it is a 2nd or 3rd meeting between private parties and the firearm was thoroughly checked out in prior meetings (in which case the total buying process was much longer than 3 minutes) or if the sale is going down between 2 Crips on a street corner in which case I would believe 3 minutes.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No one who had ever actually bought a gun would say stupid shit like that. Why would anybody listen to somebody who clearly has no idea what they're talking about (rhetorical question)?

Also (in reference to the New Life Church incident), when will people realize that these mass shooting always happen in places where the shooter suspects he will face no armed opposition? Schools, churches, malls. How obvious does it have to be?

Rey

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I think they figured out how long they could get a stupid hippie to lay on the ground looking like a moron, averaged it out to 3 minutes and then made up a statistic about gun purchases to match their wacked-out reality.
OMG LMAOROTF! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! DUDE I'M AT WORK YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, this is proof that PEG is out to screw with us.

A while back there was a suggestion to refer to events like what PEG is staging as "Red Shoe" rallies, referring to the blood of victims that these folks dance in.

The Shad Planking is always scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday in April, and most of the politicians who are planning on running for office next year usually attend that event. Last year the politico attendance was down due to the Va Tech incident, and now it looks like there will be a conflict in attendance between the two events again.

Politicians know they can get better press coverage weeping over dead bodies than they can going off in the woods to drink beer and tell bad stories about each other.

It is a shame that some of us will have to choose between the two events. I feel "stuck" as I have alreadypromised to be at the VCDL booth at theShad Planking for the morning shift. It's not the cost of the ticket that bothers me (although it is equal to a box of ammo). It's that many of the politicians I was hoping to talk to/with will be at the Bell Tower instead, and may not make the trip out in the afternoon.

Would someone who is going to the Red Shoe Rally at the Bell Tower please loom for me. I'm sorry that I will not be there to do so in person.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited for mispellings :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:
OK, this is proof that PEG is out to screw with us.

A while back there was a suggestion to refer to events like what PEG is staging as "Red Shoe" rallies, referring to the blood of victims that these folks dance in.

The Shad Planking is always scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday in April, and most of the politicians who are planning on running for office next year usually attend that event. Last year the politico attendance was down due to the Va Tech incident, and now it looks like there will be a conflict in attendance between the two events again.

Politicians know they can get better press coverage weeping over dead bodies than they can going off in the woods to drink beer and tell bad stories about each other.

It is a shame that some of us will have to choose between the two events. I feel "stuck" as I have alreadypromised to be at the VCDL booth at theShad Planking for the morning shift. It's not the cost of the ticket that bothers me (although it is equal to a box of ammo). It's that many of the politicians I was hoping to talk to/with will be at the Bell Tower instead, and may not make the trip out in the afternoon.

Would someone who is going to the Red Shoe Rally at the Bell Tower please loom for me. I'm sorry that I will not be there to do so in person.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited for mispellings :lol:

I'll be running two video cameras and a still but I'll find a few minutes to loom for you!:lol::lol::lol:

I may take an end of the world size bottle of aspirin for Officer White.:what:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I can't walk into the gun store, say hi and start filling out the NCIC form in 3 minutes. If I walked into an FFL I know with cash in hand and they had the gun ready to hand to me and handed me the form as I walked in the door, there is no way the form is getting filled out, called in, verfied, and then I'm paying and checking out in 3 minutes. I don't know what body part she pulled that out of but there is absolutely no way possible that is true.

There is no way that a sale is going down in 3 minutes unless it is a 2nd or 3rd meeting between private parties and the firearm was thoroughly checked out in prior meetings (in which case the total buying process was much longer than 3 minutes) or if the sale is going down between 2 Crips on a street corner in which case I would believe 3 minutes.
Yeah, but average the time for those of us who buy legally with the hundreds of sales on the streets of DC - cash - gun, gone. Remember how "average" is calculated, if they do it right.

D'oh. I'm giving them too much credit.

hsmith

imported post

Maybe someone should counter protest the same way with "This is how you will be when the police finally show up, 20 minutes after the shooting happens"

XD40coyote

imported post

Cripes the last gun I bought took me 2 weeks to get home! But even if MD had the instant check and none of this waiting period/fax to state police crap, it still takes 20 minutes just to do the paperwork! LOL- this after waiting for the guy ahead of me to finish his transaction. I thinkI spent 40 mins in there and this was a private sale/transfer of a handgun, not a dealer sale, and the price and terms were all agreed upon in advance. It didn't take much time to hand the private seller the cash, but both of us had to give ID's and info, and me having to fill out the forms. It took 2 weeks because someone screwed up the fax process with the St Police and this wasn't discovered till 7 days later, so it had to be resubmitted.

Standard long guns in MD, they do the instant check for, but it still takes a bit of time to do paperwork and for the dealer to make the call, be put on hold, then get the verification. So this would be akin to VA gun buying, right?

And yes I like the idea of a counter protest, but lets put our people on the ground too and have banners saying " when seconds count, police are minutes away" and "police took over 9 mins to get inside, Cho killed 30 in just under that".

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Cripes the last gun I bought took me 2 weeks to get home! But even if MD had the instant check and none of this waiting period/fax to state police crap, it still takes 20 minutes just to do the paperwork! LOL- this after waiting for the guy ahead of me to finish his transaction. I thinkI spent 40 mins in there and this was a private sale/transfer of a handgun, not a dealer sale, and the price and terms were all agreed upon in advance. It didn't take much time to hand the private seller the cash, but both of us had to give ID's and info, and me having to fill out the forms. It took 2 weeks because someone screwed up the fax process with the St Police and this wasn't discovered till 7 days later, so it had to be resubmitted.

Standard long guns in MD, they do the instant check for, but it still takes a bit of time to do paperwork and for the dealer to make the call, be put on hold, then get the verification. So this would be akin to VA gun buying, right?

And yes I like the idea of a counter protest, but lets put our people on the ground too and have banners saying " when seconds count, police are minutes away" and "police took over 9 mins to get inside, Cho killed 30 in just under that".

I'm not so sure about a counter protest. I really hope Pro 2A has a BIG showing ....but remember it is a tragic day to for the parents that aren't using it as an excuse. Just because the anti's want to be insensitive a$$holes, doesn't mean we should be.

Just a big showing with something to identify us as Pro Gun, is all that's needed.

I do think looming would be acceptable.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neplusultra

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Personally my dear woman I would just suggest booing them to shame and leaving it at that. Tell them to go home and come back another day. I wasn't planning on being there (VA Tech) the 16th but I will be now....

Edit: I will not be OCing but will be CCing due to respect for the occasion.

hsmith

imported post

Oh I am sorry, I didn't mean to go counter-protest at VT on the 16th.

All groups should have stayed away in respect. Your views can wait a day.

XD40coyote

imported post

I was just kidding about the die-in counter protest, I tend to come up with elaborate and rediculous scenes not intended for reality, but rather for fiction and to muse over as to the point being made. But a bunch of OCers with signs that say "guns save lives" or something, acting nice and mature, would be wonderful.

Oh and this is for if the antis do their stunt at Richmond, NOT VT.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I'll be at the protest at the State Capital in Richmond at 11:00 a.m. on the 16th at the Bell Tower.

I'll be open carrying, and will probably have a "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away" placard.