• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no carry in Giant food stores?

chrisjames_71

imported post

I live right on the border of PA/Harford County (literally on the line). Nope wasn't me in the #1 (I have a little boy). The one armed guy looks to be about 80 and always hangs out in the HBA aisle (but then they all do). Don't really ever see OC'ing ever kicking off in SYC area. Too many uptight people around :)

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I had a problem with a manager at my local Giant while OCing. She demanded to see my ID, I refused, and she said she was going to call the police, I replied go ahead. My wife and I continued to shop long enough for the cops to show up if she had called. Long story short, I boycoted this Giant for awhile, returned without any incident from the same manager. My advice, stick to your guns.:cool:

XD40coyote

imported post

chrisjames_71 wrote:
I live right on the border of PA/Harford County (literally on the line). Nope wasn't me in the #1 (I have a little boy). The one armed guy looks to be about 80 and always hangs out in the HBA aisle (but then they all do). Don't really ever see OC'ing ever kicking off in SYC area. Too many uptight people around :)

LOL as to where you live- I live on the Balto co/PA line, almost literally, actually 1 mile by road, less as crows fly.

As to uptight people, hmm I dunno, read about the guys who OC in the Philly burbs, I'd think those would be some really uptight people in those areas.

I guess no one will know reactions till some people start OCing around the area. As stated before in other posts, I am not mentally tough enough to be the sacrificial sheepdog to deal with any police BS. Was hoping some manly men might be tough enough though he he. Hmm maybe some of the VA guys should come up here and show us how its done! LOL

imperialism2024

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
chrisjames_71 wrote:

LOL as to where you live- I live on the Balto co/PA line, almost literally, actually 1 mile by road, less as crows fly.

As to uptight people, hmm I dunno, read about the guys who OC in the Philly burbs, I'd think those would be some really uptight people in those areas.

I guess no one will know reactions till some people start OCing around the area. As stated before in other posts, I am not mentally tough enough to be the sacrificial sheepdog to deal with any police BS. Was hoping some manly men might be tough enough though he he. Hmm maybe some of the VA guys should come up here and show us how its done! LOL
Well, have an OC dinner there after October, and I'll show up very OCing. :celebrate

hekel

imported post

I used to work at Giant Foods, I was never informed of any No Firearms policies, and I have never seen a sign posted in a Giant store stating this. Infact while I worked there, I had OC'd in the store as a customer several times, and (though I realize it probably wasnt too bright at the time :?) I even went into the back room and spoke with my manager once, and had no issues. Let it be noted though that whether you work there or not, please Do Not go into empoyee areas with a firearm on your hip. I had no issues, but I beleive it was a very dumb idea, it just hadn't occured to me untill about 5 minutes after I did it.