• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I finally got a holster for my Glock 19 and plan on getting my CHP. I have not carried yet but with the warmer weather I plan on starting.

Neplusultra

imported post

Hokie wrote:
I finally got a holster for my Glock 19 and plan on getting my CHP. I have not carried yet but with the warmer weather I plan on starting.

Very good, don't forget you don't need a permit to OC. Of course that's a whole level above CC, expecially on the emotional front. But glad that you are here and hope to hear more about what you are doing to support the 2cd.

Rey

imported post

Hey! another restoner!

welcome to the forum. i've found that reston is pretty all-around tolerant about OC. But there may be others who have not had similar experiences.

I'd be very interested to hear about how you fare in our little slice of VA heaven.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rey wrote:
...i've found that reston is pretty all-around tolerant about OC. But there may be others who have not had similar experiences...
Yeah, Reston is kinda like the rallying point for OC in Virginia. It started in July, 2004. Here's an article from the Washington Post on the incident(s). That got theattention of the FCPD and it has spread from there. I would suppose it is almost "hallowed ground" in Reston.