• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

car carry

stv911

imported post

Is it legal to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle without a CCW permit?

thnx

Superlite27

imported post

Yes.

As long as you are over 21, and are legally allowed to possess a firearm, you may carry a firearm INSIDE your vehicle in any manner.

You can carry it loaded or unloaded. On the seat in plain view, or in the glove box. You can even carry it on your person. As long as you do not remove it from the vehicle on public property.

I highly reccommend getting a CCW. Then you may carry it outside your vehicle as long as it is concealed.

I always reccommend checking Missouri statutes for yourself and not taking anyone's (including mine) advice on the law. Remember, it will be you going to jail if you break it. Just do a search for RsMO 570.10 for CCW law. I'm not sure what the vehicle carry statute is, but I also reccommend printing it out and carrying it in your vehicle in case you run into a Law Enforcement Officer who isn't knowlegeable about the legality of vehicle carry.

stv911

imported post

I am getting a ccw permit in a month but am going into some shady areas and just want to be able to protect myself until I get my permit.

thanks