Thread: Florida lawmakers pass "take your guns to work" law

Post imported post

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Things are looking up.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I'm liking this bill. Due to my soon to be in-laws I will be spending more and more time in FL and am hoping the governor signes this.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Oklahoma passed almost the same law but U.S. District Judge Terence Kernstruck it down. OK's AG and Gov. appealed the ruling in January and are still waiting on a decision.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A1_spanc18031

Post imported post

Judicial activism or actual well considered opinion?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Judicial activism or actual well considered opinion?
    Judicial activism in my opinion. He said that the law violated OSHA regulations. OSHA claims that guns near a workplace make it more unsafe. Property rights weren't brought up. If he had struck it down because he said it violated the employers property rights I could have completely understood that.

Post imported post

While this is a nice step in the right direction, it would obviouslyseem that promoting the open carriage of arms would be a muchbetter goal than being able to bring them to work concealed and left in the car or whatever.

A little off topic, but I find this part of the Florida constitution interesting..

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.--
    (a)The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

The word regulated as we have often discussed on this board does not mean "prohibited" in any time frame of American history. Banning OC is a violation of their own constitution as well as the federal constitution. How absurd...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.