• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida lawmakers pass "take your guns to work" law

dclabounty

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Judicial activism or actual well considered opinion?

Judicial activism in my opinion. He said that the law violated OSHA regulations. OSHA claims that guns near a workplace make it more unsafe. Property rights weren't brought up. If he had struck it down because he said it violated the employers property rights I could have completely understood that.

Flintlock

imported post

While this is a nice step in the right direction, it would obviouslyseem that promoting the open carriage of arms would be a muchbetter goal than being able to bring them to work concealed and left in the car or whatever.

A little off topic, but I find this part of the Florida constitution interesting..

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.--
(a)The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

The word regulated as we have often discussed on this board does not mean "prohibited" in any time frame of American history. Banning OC is a violation of their own constitution as well as the federal constitution. How absurd...