• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Know thine enemy...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol those google ads are pretty good. This is what popped up on the top of the page:

imgad

ScottyT

imported post

Quite the propaganda piece... Helps people think that ALL muslims are suicide bombers or are drawing swords to decapitate Jews. Terrible video.

Excerpts can be taken from the Bible to "prove" christianity is not a religion of peace ("I came not to bring peace, but a sword" Matt. 10:34, etc...), not to mention the crusades...

I am a Christian and I do believe in the Bible, so don't take my statements the wrong way, but I have read the Quran and it doesn't teach violence any more than the Old Testament does, IMHO.

Legba

imported post

Luke 22:36, the Laotian civil war, any Indian election of the past 50 years... examples abound of the faithful of all stripes wallowing in blood, or calling for it. That's much of my philosophical objection to any and all religion.

-ljp

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I'm a Crusader...waiting for Pope Benedict to call for Christians to gather their assorted edged weapons, armor, horses and streaming banners, and ride off on a 3-month journey to the Holy Land to free Jerusalem from the infidels (siege engines to be built on site).

But someone told me he was a liberal and would never do that. :(

Damn.

-- John D.

LEO 229

imported post

Rather interesting video.

Not going to be that easy to take over the US. We have far too many people armed with guns to permit that.

So.... They want to rule the world..... :uhoh:

imperialism2024

imported post

Legba wrote:
Luke 22:36, the Laotian civil war, any Indian election of the past 50 years... examples abound of the faithful of all stripes wallowing in blood, or calling for it. That's much of my philosophical objection to any and all religion.

-ljp

+1

But... but... it's for the children

Bullbuster

imported post

I'll have to say that after watching that I haven't been this PO'd in a long time. I've been around the world 2.5 times and anyone that says Islam is for piece and not violence can kiss my grits. I been to middle east countries for months on end and during there festive Ramadan as you call it was restricted to US controlled areas due to the threats of violence.

All I got to say is REMEMBER 9/11, the USS COLE

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is an instance, situation and condition in which I think that moral relativism will prove fatal for its purveyors and believers and perhaps to any they lead politically.

History has clearly shown that when any nation or people express an intent to control the world (or at least a significant portion of it) and to commit genocide, we ignore such a threat at our own risk. Ghingas Kahn, Alexander, Mao Tse Tung, Hitler, Lenin/Stalin, Napolean to name a few. These people were not kidding. Significant percentages of the population were killed. Neighboring peoples had to fight, die or be conquered. In modern times, millions died, often tens of millions. The death rates and types of people chosen for death fundamentally changed the history of certain peoples as their best and brightest were executed or slaughtered on the battlefield.

Anyone who thinks their "Death to America", "Submit or Die", etc signs are just rhetoric are ignoring the last 2000 years of world history. Because we are a secular society with a bastardized usage of the 1st Amendment we have nearly scrubbed religion (in the classic usage) from our daily lives. I think many Americans forget how important religion is to many people in the world and how incredibly serious they take it. They forget that there are people who literally strap a suicide bomb vest to their own children because their religion and their hatred of you, me, us is more important to them than the (to us) precious life of their child.

Many of our left leaning politicians (and admittedly a few on the right) think this is a negotiable situation. They think that we can give them something to be left alone or just practice, "I'll quit touching you if you quit touching me," like children and everything will be fine and we'll all get along. The radical on their side don't want "stuff". They want you to believe and live like they do or die. Period. This is not opinion but what they have said time and time and time again in the streets, in madrassas, in mosques, in on the record media interviews, in writings. This is only a secret or mystery to those who choose to not pay attention or dismiss the gravity of their threats. And certainly this is not all of them, not by a long shot, but no world conquest attempt has ever started out with a majority. As they fight and win they grow until reaching critical mass. The quesiton is not if it is all of them, or even a majority of them. The question is, "is it enough of them?"

edit: typos

expvideo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
This is an instance, situation and condition in which I think that moral relativism will prove fatal for its purveyors and believers and perhaps to any they lead politically.

History has clearly shown that when any nation or people express an intent to control the world (or at least a significant portion of it) and to commit genocide, we ignore such a threat at our own risk. Ghingas Kahn, Alexander, Mao Tse Tung, Hitler, Lenin/Stalin, Napolean to name a few. These people were not kidding. Significant percentages of the population were killed. Neighboring peoples had to fight, die or be conquered. In modern times, millions died, often tens of millions. The death rates and types of people chosen for death fundamentally changed the history of certain peoples as their best and brightest were executed or slaughtered on the battlefield.

Anyone who thinks their "Death to America", "Submit or Die", etc signs are just rhetoric are ignoring the last 2000 years of world history. Because we are a secular society with a bastardized usage of the 1st Amendment we have nearly scrubbed religion (in the classic usage) from our daily lives. I think many Americans forget how important religion is to many people in the world and how incredibly serious they take it. They forget that there are people who literally strap a suicide bomb vest to their own children because their religion and their hatred of you, me, us is more important to them than the (to us) precious life of their child.

Many of our left leaning politicians (and admittedly a few on the right) think this is a negotiable situation. They think that we can give them something to be left alone or just practice, "I'll quit touching you if you quit touching me," like children and everything will be fine and we'll all get along. The radical on their side don't want "stuff". They want you to believe and live like they do or die. Period. This is not opinion but what they have said time and time and time again in the streets, in madrassas, in mosques, in on the record media interviews, in writings. This is only a secret or mystery to those who choose to not pay attention or dismiss the gravity of their threats. And certainly this is not all of them, not by a long shot, but no world conquest attempt has ever started out with a majority. As they fight and win they grow until reaching critical mass. The quesiton is not if it is all of them, or even a majority of them. The question is, "is it enough of them?"

edit: typos
That's true, but I still dislike Israel more. Sure, the "death to the infidels" types mean it and would kill us all if they could, but so would ants. My point is, just because they want to doesn't mean they can or will. Israel, on the other hand, seems to be doing just fine in their genocide against the palestinians and unjustified bombings of the Lebanese. And why shouldn't they? After all, "god gave them this land".

Sheldon

imported post

possumboy wrote:
expvideo wrote:
genocide against the palestinians and unjustified bombings of the Lebanese.
Please provide cites.
You forgot and story links.... But seriously the only stories I have read in the paper, or seen on the tube are ones about retaliatory or preemptive strikes against military targets. Granted collateral damage is important to the U.S. it is only somewhat so with the Israelis. If they find someone or something they want badly and they (it) are hiding (hid) in a saymosque they (Israel) will attack with full prejudice, and any one or thing that is there with the target is considered a collaborator and fair game just like we did in WWII.

ScottyT

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
I'll have to say that after watching that I haven't been this PO'd in a long time. I've been around the world 2.5 times and anyone that says Islam is for piece and not violence can kiss my grits. I been to middle east countries for months on end and during there festive Ramadan as you call it was restricted to US controlled areas due to the threats of violence.

That is too bad you had to miss out on Ramadan. When I lived in Mombasa, Kenya (80-90% Muslim), Ramadan was my absolute favorite week there. We were out on the street every night taking part in the celebration, but mostly out for the food, which was incredible! Everyone was thrilled to see a couple of white boys out with all the locals eating the same food, dancing to the same music, riding the same bus...