• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

more pics of SA 1911a1

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

With new grips and better lighting!

2403914919_31cef58d2a.jpg

2404742200_6777ca5c01.jpg

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Grenadier wrote:
Thats pretty much all you need in life: a good gun a knife and a poncho liner. Maybe a roll of duct tape.
LOL. Hadn't thought of that... I would add a firestarter to that whole mix.
I didn't even think of any of that as I put the scene together. Had to put a knife in with it, and that is my only fixed blade and I wanted the poncho liner for a backdrop. Funny how your mind just pulls together what you need sometimes...

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Your fire starter is the powder out of your ammo after you've used the knife to pull the bullet. You're all set to start boarding your neighbors on boat at a time....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Your fire starter is the powder out of your ammo after you've used the knife to pull the bullet. You're all set to start boarding your neighbors on boat at a time....
LOL
I don't have the knife anymore. Just traded it for a single shot .22 "Davey Criket" youth rifle. Had to glue the buttstock back on the dang thing to make it legal though. If this glue doesn't set, I'm going to have to take the stock off and throw it away and save the barreled action.... or I may just sink a couple of screws and straps into it just to keep it Kosher since I'm going to have to replace it....

Ugh. Anyone want a tiny little youth gun?

http://www.crickett.com/index.html

just_a_car

imported post

So, after looking at that site Steve, are they legal rifles?...

I mean, I realize they're "youth", but I would assume they'd still have to be legal rifles for length and all that. I ask because the spec's say the barrels are 16.125", but the legal minimum is 16.5", otherwise it's a Short-Barreled Rifle, which is illegal in WA and is a Class III item to boot; yet these are obviously not Class III.

Maybe someone can fill me in on where it says that if it's a "youth" rifle, it can be under the legal size minimums....

CC27

imported post

If they are illegal then I guess I'm going to jail.:pI got the pink laminated stainless model for my Daughter. Actually she she saved all her Birthday and Christmas money to buy it ( I was so proud). I never thought I would be standing at a gun counter asking for a pink rifle. But it got her into the shooting world.

Attachments

• 2003_0115Image0001.JPG
    2003_0115Image0001.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 207

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:

I mean, I realize they're "youth", but I would assume they'd still have to be legal rifles for length and all that. I ask because the spec's say the barrels are 16.125", but the legal minimum is 16.5", otherwise it's a Short-Barreled Rifle, which is illegal in WA and is a Class III item to boot; yet these are obviously not Class III.

Maybe someone can fill me in on where it says that if it's a "youth" rifle, it can be under the legal size minimums....

16" is the legal minimum for a rifle. Most use the 16 1/2" to make sure there is room to recrown if necessary but 16" is the legal number. A friend built his wife this;

AnAKforhewife.jpg

I have all but one part to finish my AK pistol build, but mine will not be pink.

Euromutt

imported post

just_a_car wrote:

The minimum barrel length to not be an SBR is 16", not 16.5". See USC Section 18.921:
(8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I said I had to glue the buttstock back on. Somebody had sawn it off and I was holding a bunch of pieces that if assembled into a firearm would have been illegal. The minimal overall length for a rifle is 26" the overall length for at Cricket is 30" and I was holding about 6" of stock in my hand at the time....

Now the f-ing feds are probably going to come and talk to me.... The rifle is fixed and legal. Permanent repair to the stock.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I said I had to glue the buttstock back on. Somebody had sawn it off and I was holding a bunch of pieces that if assembled into a firearm would have been illegal. The minimal overall length for a rifle is 26" the overall length for at Cricket is 30" and I was holding about 6" of stock in my hand at the time....

Now the f-ing feds are probably going to come and talk to me.... The rifle is fixed and legal. Permanent repair to the stock.
I take it that the Cricket will be going on the next shoot.

Since we are showing Springfield 1911s, here's my custom Champion.

[
SpringfielsArmoryChampionsmall.jpg

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yup the crickett will be coming to the next shoot. Maybe if I bring TWO .22's I can have one of them working this time. I still can't believe I let the ammo can crunch the rear sight on the Ruger...

That is a NICE 1911!!!!

just_a_car

imported post

I stand corrected. I had read many times online that rifles were 16.5" and shotguns were 18" minimum. I also checked the State RCW and it matches federal law with 16" and 18".