• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

30 days between handgun purchases?

davychanchan

imported post

is there a 30 day wait period between buying handguns in colorado? if so, do you still have to wait if you have your CCW? that's how it is in VA, and i'll be moving to CO soon.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Preemptive welcome to Colorado!! Whereabouts are you moving to?

No restrictions on how many handguns or longgunsyou can buy in any given timeframe, well maybe one: the size of your wallet!!! CCW makes no difference as well. There is no waiting period or "cooling off" period either. My best time from "I'll take it" being uttered and me leaving with a big smile and a bulletlauncher is 15 minutes. Longest time was three days cuz Instacheck servers were down. My average nowadays is about an hour. Not sure if it's because so many folks are buying guns or what, but it has gotten a little longer. Also, no restrictions on ammo.

davychanchan

imported post

YES!!!!:celebrate i can't stand the wait to buy another gun in VA. i'll be moving to longmont. close to boulder, i think. i've never been there before. thanks for the info!

Gunslinger

imported post

Welcome, a bit early. I lived in VA before moving here 2 1/2 years ago, and love it! Use my radar detector legally, and can buy a gun a day, if I wanted to. And NO humidity in the summer. What part of VA are you coming from? I lived in the Danville area.

davychanchan

imported post

i've been in the norfolk area for the past 4 years, originally from GA. i'd like to experience this alleged "dry heat" . one more question - do you have to register handguns in CO?

Evil Ernie

imported post

Hell no!!!! You've spent way too much time back east!!! LOL!!! Don't feel bad, I'm a NJ native and was just tickled pink when I moved here over 4 yrs ago. I can dig for gold, golf is cheap, guns 'a plenty, big F'ing elk, big sky, big mountains, dry summers and (usually) mild winters, and tornados!!! How can ya freakin beat that?!?!? Your capacity to buy and own guns is only limited by your wallet. Even paperwork free FTF purchases are legal (for now). http://www.cologunmarket.com
Usually in July when it hits 100 deg and 10% humidity, I head up to Fairplay (Southpark fame) at 10K feet and dig dig dig...nice and cool up there in the summer.

casullshooter

imported post

You do not have to register guns in the Commonwealth of VA. The one handgun a month does not apply to CCW holders. I agree that it is a stupid law, but look at the source (Douglas Wilder)...........

Gunslinger

imported post

VA was gun friendly, not driving friendly with the no radar detector law--although I beat a ticket in court because there is a huge loophole in the statute. Here in the Springs, we rarely get in the 90s, and when you do, find some shade and enjoy the almost always blowing wind--not quite so nice in the winter when it blows at 50 Knots, like this week however. El Paso county is the most gun friendly place I've ever lived--from the Sheriff on down. You'll enjoy it here, and yes, Wilder was an idiot, although the current moron VA has isn't much better from what I've read.