• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Web Site.

JTknives

imported post

I put this web site together tonight and thought i would post it so you can check it out. i plan on keeping it updated and getting a forum and chatroom going. Just thought it would be fun. Im thinking about having some shirts made with Utah Open Carry on it :D. what you think.

:celebrate http://www.UtahOpenCarry.com :celebrate

JTknives

imported post

its still in the basic stages so the links dont work but thay will. im excyted because it going to try and compile all the gun laws we need into a small booklet for your waller or back pocket. so you can wip it out to teach some schooling to thoes less schooled.

PavePusher

imported post

Awesome start! My only nit-pick critique would be to have others help proof read for spelling and grammer. The better we present ourselves verbally, the lesslikely we are to be seen as nut-job fringe lurkers. (Also, my parents were teachers and that stuff was pounded into me from birth. Didn't always work, but I'm always looking over my shoulder for Mom's ruler when I type...):D

And now I'm off to introduce me pots to my kettles...:?

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Awesome start! My only nit-pick critique would be to have others help proof read for spelling and grammer. The better we present ourselves verbally, the lesslikely we are to be seen as nut-job fringe lurkers. (Also, my parents were teachers and that stuff was pounded into me from birth. Didn't always work, but I'm always looking over my shoulder for Mom's ruler when I type...):D

And now I'm off to introduce me pots to my kettles...:?
"grammar" .... I'll leave it to your mom to point the other one's out for you...
:celebrate:monkey :celebrate :monkey :celebrate :monkey :celebrate :monkey :celebrate

UTOC-45-44

imported post

JTknives wrote:
I put this web site together tonight and thought i would post it so you can check it out. i plan on keeping it updated and getting a forum and chatroom going. Just thought it would be fun. Im thinking about having some shirts made with Utah Open Carry on it :D. what you think.

I won't let me become a member:cry:

TJ

Venzor

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
JTknives wrote:

I won't let me become a member:cry:

TJ
Oh, right, I remember reading somewhere on there that they don't allow people with cowboy hats. ;)

ScottyT

imported post

While I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm, I think that another website/forum would cause the OC community to be spread too thin. We already have utahconcealedcarry.com (which promotes OC and organizes OC events) and OpenCarry.org (national resource for OC, complete with a Utah section).

I love the idea of building a website full of useful information (Utah/federal gun law, OC principles in general), I think it could be a valuable resource to OCers, CCers, and especially people who are ignorant of Utah laws and our rights as citizens (I would love a good, concise site to send them to!).

Another forum would just create clutter, IMO. What if someone joins your forum and fails to hear of a UCC event? What if someone on UCC fails to hear of a rally or shoot that might be posted on your forum, but nobody bothered to mention it on UCC, thinking someone else would take the initiative?

Again, I think it is admirable that you are passionate enough to undertake a project like this, and I am being sincere when I say that, but perhaps just linking to UCC and/or OpenCarry.org would be more beneficial for the community (in regards to forums, not necessarily your other content).

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Just a few critiques from me.

1. Spelling errors. We don't want to look like we are a bunch of uneducated people with guns.

2. The slogan "Because We Can". Different people have different reasons for openly carrying a firearm. I don't think there are many that do it just because they can.

3. This sentence.
30 plus Gun packing Utahans invade the local Sweet Tomatoes
I refrain from using the word "packing". I personally don't like it. To me it implies concealment. Maybe this is just because of the ill fated packing.org website. Also, we did not "invade" Sweet Tomatoes. We were graciously allowed to dine there by Brenda, the restaurant manager.

babystewie

imported post

very nice so far keep up the work ,i may not post here allot and am not well known but do let me know if you need some help with this would be more then welcome to lend a hand

joelevi

imported post

JTknives wrote:

Hey JTknives,

I'm a professional web developer. If you would like any help with the site I'll volunteer my time! :)

- www.JoeLevi.com

xRapidDavex

imported post

Ya, spelling errors all over the place, and punctuation. I agree that we have enough forums, so I would link over to these instead (right to the utah home page).

I do like the overall look/layout, but would rephrase the things already mentioned - "packing" & "invade" should go.