Thread: Mayors Against Illegal Guns 2008 "Summit" in DC, Monday, April 14

Post imported post

OC is not allowed in DC. But you can bring some nice signs to downtown DC Monday morning or afternoon to tell Bloomberg (and the media) what we think of him.

Representatives from 60 cities will attend the 2008 National Summit on Monday, April 14th at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center

http://www.itcdc.com

1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    (202) 312-1300
    Get directions

Nearest metro stop is Federal Triangle Station. From Federal Triangle Station, go half a block north to Pennsylvania Ave and 1 block west to 13th and Pennsylvania NW.

I'd go, but it would take me 14 hours by plane just to get to DC.

Empty holster protest? Signs that say Go after Criminals, not Law-Abiding Gun Owners! Bloomberg - Read the Second Amendment - "the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not Be Infringed." I think VCDL will be there. Best wishes to everyone.

[Repeat Post from the Bloomberg War on Guns thread.]

Post imported post

XD Owner wrote:
    Empty holster protest? Signs that say Go after Criminals, not Law-Abiding Gun Owners! Bloomberg - Read the Second Amendment - "the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not Be Infringed." I think VCDL will be there. Best wishes to everyone.
    Some signs I would like to see:

Petty Dictators Club

Human Rights Abusers

Civil Rights Abuse Plotters (CRAP) Inside

My favorite for the Million Moms March:

MMM=KKK - Bothwant todisarmminorities

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:

Ooo burn! I don't think Nutter would like that one... Remember, he'd "still" be picking cotton if it wasn't for Lincoln's trashing of the Constitution.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Ooo burn! I don't think Nutter would like that one... Remember, he'd "still" be picking cotton if it wasn't for Lincoln's trashing of the Constitution.
    I doubt that Lincoln's trashing was any worse than slave owners turning it into a joke.

Anyway...

I agree with Thundar. That would make a nice sign.

Post imported post

Anyone know what 60 cities are being "represented"?

A couple of years ago, my mayor caved under intense pressure to withdraw from that affiliation and I want to make sure he doesn't sneek in there again.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    Anyone know what 60 cities are being "represented"?

A couple of years ago, my mayor caved under intense pressure to withdraw from that affiliation and I want to make sure he doesn't sneek in there again.
    I'm willing to bet Philadelphia is being "represented"...

Post imported post

Post imported post

esmart wrote: None from Montana, though...

Sad, but not surprising, to see the mayors from the two sh*tholes nearby my town are there (Allentown and Bethlehem).

Post imported post

Nothing around me. If our mayor ever tried to join that we would run him up the flagpole by his nuts.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Hmm...both of my mayors are members, (Seattle and Dayton) but I can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

Post imported post

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/523984.html

Perhaps the mayor's insults stems from his self-professed ignorance of our nation's firearms laws and regulations, business practices of firearms retailers and the duties of the ATF. "I don't know what the law is and what procedures are," responded the mayor to a deposition question on illegally purchased firearms (page 35). "I have no knowledge of what appropriate safeguards are for a dealer to comply with the law or what standard practices are in the arms business" (page 74).
    In the same deposition Mr. Bloomberg admitted he did not know that ATF conducted inspections of firearms retailers. "I didn't even know they had inspections," the bewildered mayor offered (page 58). Mr. Bloomberg also noted that he did not know what a Federal Firearms Transaction Record commonly known as a Form 4473 was (page 75) or a NICS background check (page 79).
    For example, the partnership program between NSSF and ATF called Don't Lie for the Other Guy. In this program NSSF helps ATF to better educate America's firearms retailers on how to detect would-be straw purchasers and to raise public awareness that it is a serious crime to buy a firearm for a prohibited person. At his deposition, the mayor testified the program was "totally foreign" to him.

Post imported post

How about a sign that says something like....

Why don'tU take a walk after dark in DC without your body guard, and unarmed before you decide I don't need my gun.

Post imported post

Hmmm... Santa Fe NM and Portales NM, no surprise to me there.....

Post imported post

Cincinnati, Dayton, Cleveland, and Columbus are going to be represented. Ohio has historically been a "cash & carry" gun state, but now with more laws than ever, they want to shut down "illegal guns." I wonder what they propose to actually do, given that we have state preemption overriding the ridiculous patchwork of city ordinances that there were before.

-ljp