• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns 2008 "Summit" in DC, Monday, April 14

XD Owner

imported post

OC is not allowed in DC. But you can bring some nice signs to downtown DC Monday morning or afternoon to tell Bloomberg (and the media) what we think of him.

Representatives from 60 cities will attend the 2008 National Summit on Monday, April 14th at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center

[size=-1]http://www.itcdc.com

1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
(202) 312-1300
Get directions[/size]

Nearest metro stop is Federal Triangle Station. From Federal Triangle Station, go half a block north to Pennsylvania Ave and 1 block west to 13th and Pennsylvania NW.

I'd go, but it would take me 14 hours by plane just to get to DC.

Empty holster protest? Signs that say Go after Criminals, not Law-Abiding Gun Owners! Bloomberg - Read the Second Amendment - "the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not Be Infringed." I think VCDL will be there. Best wishes to everyone.

[Repeat Post from the Bloomberg War on Guns thread.]

Thundar

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Empty holster protest? Signs that say Go after Criminals, not Law-Abiding Gun Owners! Bloomberg - Read the Second Amendment - "the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not Be Infringed." I think VCDL will be there. Best wishes to everyone.

Some signs I would like to see:

Petty Dictators Club

Human Rights Abusers

Civil Rights Abuse Plotters (CRAP) Inside

My favorite for the Million Moms March:

MMM=KKK - Bothwant todisarmminorities

Toymaker

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
My favorite for the Million Moms March:

MMM=KKK - Bothwant todisarmminorities
Ooo burn! I don't think Nutter would like that one... Remember, he'd "still" be picking cotton if it wasn't for Lincoln's trashing of the Constitution.

I doubt that Lincoln's trashing was any worse than slave owners turning it into a joke.

Anyway...

I agree with Thundar. That would make a nice sign.

Flintlock

imported post

Anyone know what 60 cities are being "represented"?

A couple of years ago, my mayor caved under intense pressure to withdraw from that affiliation and I want to make sure he doesn't sneek in there again.

imperialism2024

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Anyone know what 60 cities are being "represented"?

A couple of years ago, my mayor caved under intense pressure to withdraw from that affiliation and I want to make sure he doesn't sneek in there again.

I'm willing to bet Philadelphia is being "represented"...

MetalChris

imported post

Hmm...both of my mayors are members, (Seattle and Dayton) but I can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

reefteach

imported post

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/523984.html

Perhaps the mayor's insults stems from his self-professed ignorance of our nation's firearms laws and regulations, business practices of firearms retailers and the duties of the ATF. "I don't know what the law is and what procedures are," responded the mayor to a deposition question on illegally purchased firearms (page 35). "I have no knowledge of what appropriate safeguards are for a dealer to comply with the law or what standard practices are in the arms business" (page 74).
In the same deposition Mr. Bloomberg admitted he did not know that ATF conducted inspections of firearms retailers. "I didn't even know they had inspections," the bewildered mayor offered (page 58). Mr. Bloomberg also noted that he did not know what a Federal Firearms Transaction Record commonly known as a Form 4473 was (page 75) or a NICS background check (page 79).
For example, the partnership program between NSSF and ATF called Don't Lie for the Other Guy. In this program NSSF helps ATF to better educate America's firearms retailers on how to detect would-be straw purchasers and to raise public awareness that it is a serious crime to buy a firearm for a prohibited person. At his deposition, the mayor testified the program was "totally foreign" to him.

Sheldon

imported post

How about a sign that says something like....

Why don'tU take a walk after dark in DC without your body guard, and unarmed before you decide I don't need my gun.

Legba

imported post

Cincinnati, Dayton, Cleveland, and Columbus are going to be represented. Ohio has historically been a "cash & carry" gun state, but now with more laws than ever, they want to shut down "illegal guns." I wonder what they propose to actually do, given that we have state preemption overriding the ridiculous patchwork of city ordinances that there were before.

-ljp