• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new form way up north

allen.45

imported post

Greeting. My name is Allen andim 22.First of all I would just like to say that this place is so cool.:celebrate

I have already posted a few replies without introducing myself...sorry. it would seem that I jumped the gun here.(no pun intended).;)

I live in grand forks north dakota and I have just recently earned my CCW permit, but it seems to me that I am the only OC'r in the area. But I guess all start with just one person.

But anyway thaks for letting me join this fourm.

XD Owner

imported post

Welcome to the forum. We'd love to hear your Open Carry stories from ND. Just post in the North Dakota section.

I will bet that open carry is not such a big deal where you live, but just in case, carry a voice recorder if the local PD's "curiosity" about yuo goes overboard.

Best wishes.

allen.45

imported post

Thanks for the voice recorder idea that never occured to me.....yup it's decided im going to do that.:cool:I just hope that their's more than just me that open carries here. Well I'll be in the north dakota page if anybody needs me.....frezing my a** off. LOL

sjhipple

imported post

allen.45 wrote:
Thanks for the voice recorder idea that never occured to me.....yup it's decided im going to do that.:cool:I just hope that their's more than just me that open carries here. Well I'll be in the north dakota page if anybody needs me.....frezing my a** off. LOL
Be sure to check the laws about recording police officers in your state before you do that. Do you need consent? Do you need to tell them they're being recorded? Are there special rules for police? Etc.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome! Did you say "earned" your carry permit? I thought the dakotas handed those things out like candy. At any rate I'm nitpicking, sorry. It's just when I see words like "earned" attached to rights... :)

You'll like it here.

Steve

allen.45

imported post

See, my arms instructor used to tell me "you must earn the right to carry this piece that way you will not hesitate" I think thats why I say say that. Also I have a Utah permit which requires allot more skill to obtain. On the other hand the state of north Dakota (were i live) only has a ten question test which you can take "open book" Finger printing and picture,and a background check you get your permit. Maybe it's just me but isn't that just a little too easy? Any way thanks being so welcoming. I look forward to talking.......well typing more.