• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to 4X4 outside Vegas

DSF Training

imported post

Here's an off the wall question!

Is there a place outside of Las Vegas that one can go 4-wheeling with a group of 4x4s and not be braking any lawsor have a run-in with rangers?

Is there another forum that I can go on to find more info? I'm looking all over the net!

If you know of a place or some one that knows of a place PM me and I'll get back with you.

Thank You

Desert Rat

imported post

Google BLM, go to NV then your district office site and there should be a map of all the BLM/NFS landin Southern, NV. You are not going to get in trouble if you stay on existing roads/trails.

Common sense prevails on Public land. Driving over vegetation will eventually lead to errosion. Try not to park over dry vegetation, catalytic converters can start fires (I learned the hard way). Shooting is a "good to go" unless posted by the County.

Any type of tracer/incendiary ammo should be an obvious no-no.

Normally BLM requires axe, shovel and water be carried during the dry season for fire suppression. Also helps if you get stuck in loose sand or puncture a radiator.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!