• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Pistol Today

RHVette

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
bradco wrote:
:celebrateAfter getting my permit yesterday, I picked up my first Pistol, I decided on the Glock 27 as I have been reading some great things on it, also the FFL I went to also gave me a more understanding of it and it great points, I am looking forward to my Lunch breaks at the range as I work a couple of blocks from one, I also had the pleasure of holding a Ruger LCP .380, I think that will be the next one as a good concealment carry weapon for times wen the appropriate clothing is not being worn.

Congrats:celebrate. So from now and on DO NOT buy a gun from a gun store but from the private market. So that yourweapon won't be registered.

TJ
+1 but for a different reason. Gun Shop owners know what their guns are worth. Private Parties don't always. And what better way to educate them, than to buy it for a song from them? I never buy from gun shops, they're too expensive.

Weak 9mm

imported post

One quick question. In NC I'm not sure that it's legal to purchase a handgun through private transfer. I know it's fine for long guns, but I didn't think you could with handguns. Is this not true?

Also, does purchasing a handgun in a gun store count as registering it? The reason I ask is that only one county in NC requires you to register handguns, and I don't live there nor have I purchased a handgun there. The stores I've purchased from have always suggested that I NOT register it, so I can't imagine they then went and registered it for me, but maybe they did?