• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when is next open carry in MI?

pbnationrc

imported post

I looked on the calender thing and there was nothing planned. Is there somewhere I have to look. I hate reading 5 pages of a thread to find dates and times. I am new to this forum as of 15 minutes ago and I really support what you guys are doing. I would like to come to the next event. Brandon

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
I looked on the calender thing and there was nothing planned. Is there somewhere I have to look. I hate reading 5 pages of a thread to find dates and times. I am new to this forum as of 15 minutes ago and I really support what you guys are doing. I would like to come to the next event. Brandon
Per Venator
May I propose Reuttier Park for our next meeting. It’s a couple of blocks north of 469 with fairly easy on and off. If we cook stuff someone will have to bring a small grill, the park doesn’t have any grills. The park has tables and benches. I suggest each bring a dish to pass or some chips/dip or something along those lines. Each person should bring their own plates/silverware and their own beverages. I can bring dogs/brats/buns with some condiments. The person that brings the grill/charcoal and utensils doesn’t need to bring a dish. Let me know if this is okay. I don’t know what we can do if it’s raining. Perhaps we can meet at a McDonald’s, or something. Sunday the 27th at Noon would be fine with me.

See this link for a color image of area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=42.730665&lon=-84.558545&mag=3&q1=Lansing%2C%20Michigan

General directions to Reuttier Park. The park is surrounded by E. Kalamazoo St. (northside), Capital Ave (eastside), E. Lenawee St. (southside), and Townsend St. (Westside). Off of 496 coming from the east take the Walnut St. exit north. Those coming from the west you can take the MLK Blvd. exit north off of 496. See map for details or check out the link above.

The easiest public Parking is at the State Library/Museum, you may have to pay, (can’t remember if weekend days are free), but it’s fairly cheap. That lot is 4 blocks east of the Park. There is also meter parking surrounding the Park. Lansing is fairly dead during the weekend so parking and a lots of people should not be a problem. Also Lansing is pretty safe most anywhere during the day. After the meeting I would recommend any that wish to, that they go to the State Library/history museum it’s free and it’s a great place to learn about Michigan.

Attached Image (viewed 89 times):

attachment.php

pbnationrc

imported post

Sunday the 27th. I'm out of school by then so it would work. Is this official? I don't have a holster yet, I'll buy one this coming week but I don't know what is the best, most comfortable, etc... Any suggestions?

ghostrider

imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
Sunday the 27th. I'm out of school by then so it would work. Is this official? I don't have a holster yet, I'll buy one this coming week but I don't know what is the best, most comfortable, etc... Any suggestions?
Don't know much about all the holsters out there. It does depend on your gun. There is also a holster section you could look at that might be helpful. If your planning on OC then you should get something with good retention.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
hahaha SpringerXDacpyou said lansing is pretty safe area, we are all open carrying! off course we will be safe! I thought that was funny! lol

pbnation,

I copied & pasted that from a post of Venator's. Actually, I've never been to Lansing.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the Lansing picnic. :(

ghostrider

imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
I have a Kimber 1911 Pro Carry Two .45. It has a full frame but the 4 inch barrel
That might be a hard one to find a retention holster for. It seems that Safariland ALS/SLS, and Blackhawk SERPA are the ones people use. I don't know much about them myself. You should start a thread in the holsters section. Maybe someone there might be able to help you. You could also check out one of the 1911 forums.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
I have a Kimber 1911 Pro Carry Two .45. It has a full frame but the 4 inch barrel

There has been a lot of good comments on the Blackhawk SERPA, CQC Holsters here on OCDO. Some said the SERPA is difficult to conceal, does not stay tight to the body, but is great for OC.

Blackhawk

Michigander

imported post

As for holsters, you are fortunate that you have a 1911. All you need to do is visit most any gun shop or gun show in the country, and they will have a huge selection of different types that will fit.

ghostrider

imported post

Michigander wrote:
As for holsters, you are fortunate that you have a 1911. All you need to do is visit most any gun shop or gun show in the country, and they will have a huge selection of different types that will fit.
Shows you how much I know.;)

WARCHILD

imported post

The Moderators right where you left him harley: half way between lost and confused and well on his way to can't remember what I'm doing!