• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member and About to OC to the Grocery Store

nh92d

imported post

my first true OC experience was with another fellow OC'er on a public beach the other day.a bunch of us decided to get together at hampton beach and do a OC trash clean-up.of course i got there late and 3 out of the 4 that were already there were leaving so i hung out with the one that stayed and did some more picking up(while OC'ing)
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum37/9356.html

i,myself didn't receive any comments by any GFWs but did receive a thank you from a older couple that was sitting on the beach.
what helped me do it was the fact that i wasn't alone which helped with nerves..

still need toOC alone to fullybe comfortable...

likes others have said,actnormal.if you act like it has always been there.also remember-your not doing something that's illegal,sure you'll come across some that don't like it but just be polite andyou'll be fine..

*i did catch myself putting my hand near it acouple times,mainly to re-adjust belt height due to it feeling like it was sagging*(turns out i didn't tighten belt enough)
(was also doing alot of bending overthat day to pick stuff up)