Thread: Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Is this woman capable of telling the truth?
    H/T Drudgereport

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...un-churchgoer/
    Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer By Julie Bosman
    VALPARAISO, Ind. - Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton managed to co-opt Mr. Obama’s message of hope and optimism, beginning a speech in Valparaiso, Ind., by talking about how positive and “fundamentally optimistic” Americans are.
    “We don’t get bogged down and looking back – we’re always looking forward,” she said, as heavy applause nearly drowned out her words. “Whatever obstacle we see, we get over it. Whatever challenge we have, we meet it. We’re the problem-solvers, we’re the innovators, we’re the people who make the better future.”
    For the third time since Mr. Obama’s remarks were made public Friday night, Mrs. Clinton criticized him at length, saying his comments seemed “kind of elitist and out of touch.”
    “I disagree with Senator Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration,” she said.
    She described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.”

In case anyone forgot.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...p;pagewanted=1

Post imported post

sure, she is pro- gun. she thinks that every wealthy influential "aristocrat" should have a gun. its the other 99% of the population that she would disarm.

Politicians make me sick. She was one of the leading voices calling for the '94 ban, and now she's sucking up to the gun crowd, because she realizes that pro-gun democrats are her only chance at winning a ticket to the big show in November. She obvioulsy thinks that we can't remember 14 years ago.

If folks like her and Rosie had their way, they'd have armed bodyguards within arms reach of them and their families 24/7 while the ordinary Joe would have to defend his home with baseball bats.... until they could get an "assault bats ban" passed through congress.

Post imported post

lol

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

What does it matter what I think anyway.

Apparently I'm just a bitter ole man!

Post imported post

Duh... Don't you all remember? The Second Amendment is about hunting! It couldn't possibly have anything to do with self-defense. And to think, people actually believe her crap.

Post imported post

The initial response I heard from her was along the lines of... "My experience is that in small towns, there are very few of those people", referring to the people Obama was disparaging. I don't know whether I'm less comfortable with someone who thinks rednecks don't matter, or who just pretends we don't exist. :?

Post imported post

Did she learn how to shoot while under sniper fire? :shock:

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    nope, during Bills term in office...

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    She was able to observe Bill firing away with his Piss-tool(small bore,snubbie)at Monica and others............

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Is this woman capable of telling the truth?
    No, she's a liberal. And I solidly believe that a lib could'nttell the truth if his/her life depended on it.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Some place in the Bible it says "Can a leopard change it's spots?" I believe that applies here quite well.

Post imported post

Oh please.

Post imported post

Drinking and learning to shoot?

Why? To get rural votes in PA.

If the race were close in Nevada what do you think she would do to get the working girl vote??

Never mind. Go Ron Paul.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    If the race were close in Nevada what do you think she would do to get the working girl vote??
    EWWWWWWWW!