• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Is this woman capable of telling the truth?
H/T Drudgereport

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/12/clinton-portrays-herself-as-a-pro-gun-churchgoer/
Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer By Julie Bosman
VALPARAISO, Ind. - Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton managed to co-opt Mr. Obama’s message of hope and optimism, beginning a speech in Valparaiso, Ind., by talking about how positive and “fundamentally optimistic” Americans are.
“We don’t get bogged down and looking back – we’re always looking forward,” she said, as heavy applause nearly drowned out her words. “Whatever obstacle we see, we get over it. Whatever challenge we have, we meet it. We’re the problem-solvers, we’re the innovators, we’re the people who make the better future.”
For the third time since Mr. Obama’s remarks were made public Friday night, Mrs. Clinton criticized him at length, saying his comments seemed “kind of elitist and out of touch.”
“I disagree with Senator Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration,” she said.
She described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.”

In case anyone forgot.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...93AA35756C0A96F958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

unreconstructed1

imported post

sure, she is pro- gun. she thinks that every wealthy influential "aristocrat" should have a gun. its the other 99% of the population that she would disarm.

Politicians make me sick. She was one of the leading voices calling for the '94 ban, and now she's sucking up to the gun crowd, because she realizes that pro-gun democrats are her only chance at winning a ticket to the big show in November. She obvioulsy thinks that we can't remember 14 years ago.

If folks like her and Rosie had their way, they'd have armed bodyguards within arms reach of them and their families 24/7 while the ordinary Joe would have to defend his home with baseball bats.... until they could get an "assault bats ban" passed through congress.

ATCer

imported post

Duh... Don't you all remember? The Second Amendment is about hunting! It couldn't possibly have anything to do with self-defense. And to think, people actually believe her crap.

imperialism2024

imported post

The initial response I heard from her was along the lines of... "My experience is that in small towns, there are very few of those people", referring to the people Obama was disparaging. I don't know whether I'm less comfortable with someone who thinks rednecks don't matter, or who just pretends we don't exist. :?

Thundar

imported post

Drinking and learning to shoot?

Why? To get rural votes in PA.

If the race were close in Nevada what do you think she would do to get the working girl vote??

Never mind. Go Ron Paul.