• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CONFERM OC IN PA???

tracylaud83

imported post

I am LEO and can CC anywhere, I will be visiting PA in June and was not aware if PA was an open carry state?

Gov page isn't clear on this topic, kind of slides around the issue.

I can carry CCW, but it would be much easier if PA is an open Carry state.

I wouldn't have to worry about who see it.

Any answers????

lprgcFrank

imported post

PA as an OC state is confirmed. Refer to :

Commonwealth v. Hawkins, 692 A.2d 1068, n.4 (“In all parts of Pennsylvania, persons who are licensed may carry concealed firearms. 18 Pa.C.S. § 6108. Except in Philadelphia, firearms may be carried openly without a license. See Ortiz v. Commonwealth, 545 Pa. 279, 283, 681 A.2d 152, 155 (1996) (only in Philadelphia must a person obtain a license for carrying a firearm whether it is unconcealed or concealed; in other parts of the Commonwealth, unconcealed firearms do not require a license)”).

tracylaud83

imported post

Havelock, NC.

What is the Laws on OC in that area, I'll be going to Atlantic Beach / Newport area for a week in June also.

My Grammer is bad, and their is NO spell check here at work.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

tracylaud83 wrote:
Havelock, NC.

What is the Laws on OC in that area, I'll be going to Atlantic Beach / Newport area for a week in June also.

My Grammer is bad, and their is NO spell check here at work.

There's a spell check on the forum, though! :D Anyway open carry is legal in NC, and in the areas you mentioned, law enforcement seems to know that. I've never been questioned by anyone important, lol. There are a few places that are off limits. Take a look at the state specific areas of the forum. Most of your questions should be answeredthere.