• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama doesnt like us country folk

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hsmith wrote:
It is becoming even more clear he is a tolalitarian and a closet racist.

Since no one knows anything about him, he has a small voting record, he will make GWB look like Mother Teresa.

He's not in a closet. He just has better diction than Louis Farrakhan. Not to worry though, Hillary is one of the Good old.........Boys?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I live in a small town and I am getting bitter. I am bitter that new laws went into effect last January over regulating my industry to the point that I just want to sell my business. I am bitter that I have to pay thousands of dollars to an accountant because the seizure of my business assets for taxes is so complicated that payment is insult added to injury. I am bitter that nearly half of everything I make I have to give to the government one way or another for the privelege of working 60 hours a week, and employing several fellow Americans, providing them a fair salary, good health care and benefits. The harder I work the more I am punished by various levels of gov't. If the gov't would leave me the hell alone I wouldn't have anything to be bitter about.

Glock27Bill

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I live in a small town and I am getting bitter. I am bitter that new laws went into effect last January over regulating my industry to the point that I just want to sell my business. I am bitter that I have to pay thousands of dollars to an accountant because the seizure of my business assets for taxes is so complicated that payment is insult added to injury. I am bitter that nearly half of everything I make I have to give to the government one way or another for the privelege of working 60 hours a week, and employing several fellow Americans, providing them a fair salary, good health care and benefits. The harder I work the more I am punished by various levels of gov't. If the gov't would leave me the hell alone I wouldn't have anything to be bitter about.
This, ir, is the untold dirty story of why so many businesses go offshore. You'll NEVER hear any politician admit that they tax our employers right out of America and into the arms of more welcoming countries. My brother owns his own business (a large auto repair shop), employs about 12 guys, and shares your concerns.

Neplusultra

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
This, ir, is the untold dirty story of why so many businesses go offshore. You'll NEVER hear any politician admit that they tax our employers right out of America and into the arms of more welcoming countries. My brother owns his own business (a large auto repair shop), employs about 12 guys, and shares your concerns.
You can add me to that list!!:cuss: I also own a business and find it very frustrating with how much the government sticks their fingers in the eyes of small businessmen. The tax system is a freaking mess.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
You can add me to that list!!:cuss: I also own a business and find it very frustrating with how much the government sticks their fingers in the eyes of small businessmen. The tax system is a freaking mess.

I spent the first half of my life working for the Government. The last half, self employed.
I decided to pack it in a year ago.
I hate to break it to you, but unless we get a handle on gas prices, it's going to get worse, a lot worse.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know why you guys are whining. Obama is Pro-2A

He said he would support federal legislation based on a California law that would facilitate immediate tracing of bullets used in a crime. He said even though the California law was passed over the strong objection of the National Rifle Association, he thinks it's the type of law that gun owners and crime victims can get behind.

Source
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=AP&Date=20080215&ID=8082107&Symbol=GM

[end sarcasm]

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Guns and religion are realizations of American Values that B. Hussein Obama rejejcts in favor of Islam and OWG. His ideas will not survive.
Would you mind pointing out where Mr. Obama has stated that he is in favor of Islam? I can't say that I agree with all of his politics, but this fearmongering crap trying to convince people the man is a terrroist is wearing a bit thin. Yes, his middle name is Hussein. That means absolutly jack squat.

To you. Vote for whom you will.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA LEO FOAD

eyesopened

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Well, I guess I'll have to cancel that hunting trip with mypreacher.
At the Nation's Gun Show, my brother-in-law bumped into his priest. My B-I-L asked if he was allowed to shoot guns, and the priest responded, "I sure hope so, it's in the 2nd amendment!" We all had a good chuckle to that one, but I'm sure Obama wouldn't find it so amusing... :lol:

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
At the Nation's Gun Show, my brother-in-law bumped into his priest. My B-I-L asked if he was allowed to shoot guns, and the priest responded, "I sure hope so, it's in the 2nd amendment!" We all had a good chuckle to that one, but I'm sure Obama wouldn't find it so amusing... :lol:
With reports about the clergy over the last decade or so, it's clear that law-abiding priests are also surrounded by criminals, and have just as much right to defend themselves as anyone else.

How do various religions treat guns? I would imagine guns aren't specifically addressed in ancient church texts, but killing another person is. Is a "justified" kill allowed?

By the way, isn't it a humorous sign of hypocrisy that the one man on earth who should have the most faith in his god to protect him, the pope, has so much faith his pope-mobile is equipped with 6" bulletproof glass?

Internet joke follows
----------------------

A man sat and watched the news, distressed by the reports of an imminent flood. The man's family immediately left for higher ground, but being very religious, the man told his family to leave him, because he knew that his god would protect him.

The floods came, as reported. A neighbor trying to salvage some things from his house was navigating the neighborhood in a rowboat, noticed the man, now retired to the second floor of his house, and offered him a ride in the boat. The man calmly replied that he had faith his god would protect him and would remain.

The water levels continued to rise, and the man evacuated to his roof. A marine helicopter was evacuating the last few people who were stuck. With the helicopter hovering above, the man waved off the help and refused to be evacuated, again referencing his faith that his god would save him. With others needing their help, the marines left.

Suddenly, the house broke free of its foundation and fell apart. The man was caught under a beam and drowned in the rapidly moving water.

Upon reaching the pearly gates, the man asked his god, "Why did you let me die? I had faith you would protect me!"

To which god replied, "I put it on TV, found you a neighbor with a rowboat, and then sent the MARINES! What more was I supposed to do?!"

-------------------------------
End Joke

So faith is all relative. I imagine a murdered Maryland resident questioning god how he could let them be a victim and die in that way. The reply would probably be something like "I tried to prevent this disaster by letting you be born in the United States. Men fought and died to protect your god-given right to protect yourself. Then you moved to Maryland. I shook my head. I gave you all free will, but I will never cease to be surprised just how much you human abuse that gift. Why would anyone purposely give up their rights as a human?"

Glock27Bill

imported post

timf343 wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
How do various religions treat guns? I would imagine guns aren't specifically addressed in ancient church texts, but killing another person is. Is a "justified" kill allowed?
Actually, the original text said "Thou Shalt Not Murder"

The current Thou shalt Not Kill was a bad translation.

Neplusultra

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
timf343 wrote:
eyesopened wrote:

Yep, just like the news media you have to be careful whose interpretation you're reading. The New International Verson as well as a number of others have more than one politically correct translation of a verse. New American Standard is the best overall but is a little choppy to read.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:

Great point! Kind of like Brady Bunch using the "Homicide" rate versus "Murder" rate. Homicide is any killing of a person, justified or not. Murder is unjustified criminal homicide.

Tomahawk

imported post

timf343 wrote:
By the way, isn't it a humorous sign of hypocrisy that the one man on earth who should have the most faith in his god to protect him, the pope, has so much faith his pope-mobile is equipped with 6" bulletproof glass?
Of course, as they say, God helps those who help themselves. And armor themselves.

Neplusultra

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
timf343 wrote:
Of course, as they say, God helps those who help themselves. And armor themselves.
Cite ? :^). He (tim) has a good point and that is that if God says he will protect you just believe and He will. But this example of the Pope and the Popemobile is not hypocrisy, just lack of faith. Hypocrisy is when you require something of someone else but not of yourself.

Edit: Ya damn hippie! Get a haircut! :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Catholics, Protestants, it's all the same Bible. Why is there such a disagreement :^)?
You forgot the Koran. It's not far off from our own bible.

When you can answer that question, you can become the Pope!
Lotta whys in this world.
I guess it has something to do with that darned apple.

Neplusultra

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Catholics, Protestants, it's all the same Bible. Why is there such a disagreement :^)?
You forgot the Koran. It's not far off from our own bible.

When you can answer that question, you can become the Pope!
Lotta whys in this world.
I guess it has something to do with that darned apple.
Now the Catholic Bible isn't too far off from the Bible but the Koran is pretty far off as far off can get :^). Of course many similarities between it and some OT passages but the overall message is waaay off. I think it's summed up in the "kill everyone who disagrees" passage. Even the Jews weren't like that. The Christians were taught to love their enemies. The bottom line was spoken by Christ Himself when he said you could judge them by their fruit. Whose fruit would you like to eat? The west, the jews, the muslims? Yeah, me too.