• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone with Exp and OC in Clermont County

J_5

imported post

Clermont County is in south west Ohio, around the Cincinnati area.

mr_moose,
I don't have any personal experice with OC around there, but I have seen people a few times OCing around Clermount County. The Clermont County Sheriff is pretty pro-gun, not sure of other police departments .

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Mr. Moose,

I wouldn't think you'd have any problems (maybe in Eastgate Mall), because Clermont County is so rural.

As has been said, Sheriff Rodenburg is VERY pro carry.

There are a couple of Clermont County posters here on OCDO, but they don't post much.

Suggestion - also check out this forum at Ohioans for Concealed Carry:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=21

reefteach

imported post

J_5 wrote:
I don't have any personal experice with OC around there, but I have seen people a few times OCing around Clermount County.
Ever see a chubby guy with a goatee OC at the Starbucks in Loveland or Eastgate, the Wal Mart in Eastgate or the Kroger in Amelia? Say Hi if you see him again:D.

mr_moose

imported post

Hey Guys,

I am taking my class this weekend and will at the SO to turn in my application
sometime next week. I live in the Bethel area and I have to admit I have never
seen anyone OC around here.

I am glad I live in Clermont and yes our Sheriff is one of the truly good guys.
I wonder what my turn around time will be once I apply?

Tim

J_5

imported post

Where are you taking your class at? I have been trying to find one open, but I can never find one that fits my schudule !:banghead:

reefteach

imported post

J_5 wrote:
Where are you taking your class at? I have been trying to find one open, but I can never find one that fits my schudule !:banghead:
Take a hunter safety course instead and mail away for your FL license. It is valid in OH. Jump through as few government hoops as possible.

J_5

imported post

reefteach wrote:
J_5 wrote:
Take a hunter safety course instead and mail away for your FL license. It is valid in OH. Jump through as few government hoops as possible.
I can do that? That's awsome. I'm going to seriously look into that. Thanks!

reefteach

imported post

How To:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html

And what counts:

http://www.polksheriff.org/cust_serv/weapons.html

• A notarized statement or document from a club, organization, school training facility or certified instructor showing that the individual has completed a course or class or is an experienced competitor.
  • A photocopy of your military honorable discharge document or a photocopy of your DD-214.
  • A photocopy of a certificate bearing the name of the organization, school or facility who sponsored the course or class and the instructor's name and category of certification (NRA, State, etc.). The instructor's name and certification must be clearly legible.
  • A photocopy of your NRA competitors classification card or similar documentation.
  • A photocopy of a firearms instructors certification card or certificate.
  • A photocopy of any NRA firearms training certificate.
  • A photocopy of a certificate or card showing completion of a hunter education or safety course approved by the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission or a similar agency of another state.
  • A photocopy of a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued in Florida.

timmy44221

imported post

J_5 wrote:
reefteach wrote:
J_5 wrote:
I can do that? That's awsome. I'm going to seriously look into that. Thanks!

By doing this, the nember of Ohio CHL's does not increase. Try to get as many people to get their Ohio CHL. Numbers make a difference in politics.

Plus al said and done, the price is about the same as the FL one.

J_5

imported post

By doing this, the nember of Ohio CHL's does not increase. Try to get as many people to get their Ohio CHL. Numbers make a difference in politics.

Plus al said and done, the price is about the same as the FL one.

That's a vaild point, I didn't see it that way.

reefteach

imported post

timmy44221 wrote:

Plus all said and done, the price is about the same as the FL one.

Getting the Ohio CHL is but one way to support the cause. Joining a grassroot org like OFCC, supporting the Buckeye Firarms Association, calling state reps and senators regarding legislationare other ways as well. There are plenty of people just choosing the CHL route to show their support. I say doing one of the others is equally important. I think it is acceptable to not waste the time and money to go to a class if you don't have to, but that individual should consider supporting the cause in another fashion as well.

BTW the section ORC that says you can carry on a FL license is 2923.126 D :
A person who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued pursuant to the law of another state that is recognized by the attorney general pursuant to a reciprocity agreement entered into pursuant to section 109.69 of the Revised Code has the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a license to carry a concealed handgun under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code and is subject to the same restrictions that apply to a person who carries a license issued under that section.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

reefteach wrote:
...Joining a grassroot org like OFCC, supporting the Buckeye Firarms Association, calling state reps and senators regarding legislationare other ways as well. There are plenty of people just choosing the CHL route to show their support...
Right on. Getting your CHL (and I do suggest you get Ohio's) is the BEGINNING of what ought to be your effort to protect yourself, AND advance the cause.

Definitely check out Ohioans for Concealed Carry (with forums) and Buckeye Firearms Association (great and expansive RKBA coverage).

Dirtdawg

imported post

As a Clermont County Resident, I can state with some authority that some folks are cool and some are not. Same as everywhere else. Mysense is that the manner in which you comport yourself will be the ultimate determining factor. I suggest a bit of discretion. Open Carry does not have to be Overt Carry. Lots of people are unaware that open carry is legal and will be suspicious if you act suspiciously. I recommend playing it cool. Get your OLTCACH and conceal when appropriate, but don't go to extremes to hide it. No need to shove it in people's faces. My thoughts only. Y'all are welcome to your own.

Dirtdawg