• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

grandma packing heat?!

pbnationrc

imported post

I was at my grandparents house for dinner, like we do every Monday night, and we got to talking about handguns and CCW. I told her that I was planing on getting mine. My grandpa spook up and said that grandma has a revolver. And I didn't believe him. She left the table and pulled a snub nose .38 special from her bedroom! I was like Holy CRAP! No messing with grandma!

She said she has once ever since an 80-year old lady was robbed in her house a year or so ago she kept it by her bed. The thief came in and demanded money at gun point. She gave him some and said I got more, I'll be right back. She grabbed her husbands revolver and killed the man. Teaches people not to mess with old ladys!

imperialism2024

imported post

Now, you need to get your grandma into OCing. Get her set up with a shoulder rig, and get her a pistol in .357 magnum. Then she can keep practicing with .38's, but carry .357 magnum.

I really don't understand why the AARP hasn't jumped on the handgun-carrying bandwagon. Well, I do understand... they want free stuff from the political party that controls guns more than the other. But it seems to show a blatant disregard for the safety of the people it is trying to help.

xd.40

imported post

I saw a grandma out OC'ing yesterday! She was with her grandson (I'm assuming here), walking the dog and exercising. She had an elastic belly holster with a compact semi-auto. I though it was the most interesting thing of the day! She was walking on Wellington in Manassas, which is good that she was packing!