• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UW Daily Editorial on Campus Carry

ATCer

imported post

Isn't CC preempted by state law? And OC for that matter?I think the only actions the school would be able to take against you as a student is suspension/expulsion, and tresspassing as a visitor per the WAC, which is purly administrative, rather than criminal.

Stealth Potato

imported post

CC and OC are preempted, but it is precisely the ability of the schools to threaten students with suspension and expulsion that we are trying to end.

This is the second pro-CC editorial that the UW Daily has published in recent months, which I think is a great sign: more and more people are seeing the rational, sensible arguments for stopping the prohibition of carry on campus, and we might just have a shot at winning this battle in the near future.