• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a thought on an office sign

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but you don't carry self defense. You carry a firearm, or means to self defense. Firearms don't jump out of the holsters by themselves to shoot the bad guys either.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dixiehacker wrote:
I hate to be a grammar nazi, but you don't carry self defense. You carry a firearm, or means to self defense. Firearms don't jump out of the holsters by themselves to shoot the bad guys either.
Laff, I know. The text length is limited and I couldn't fit "the means of" in there.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:
Laff, I know. The text length is limited and I couldn't fit "the means of" in there.
You could alway replace "self defense" with "arms"...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:
That's a good idea.

I was just thinking about this thread, remembered the warning sign website and threw a few ideas together when I couldn't get to sleep. They can all probably be improved and I welcome any tweaking anyone wants to do which is why I posted the link to the website.

72Malibu

imported post

Here's one I created for myself.

warninglabel.jpg

... and here's one that I found that I may be putting up in my office.

preph_normal.jpg

PavePusher

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:
That's a good idea.

I was just thinking about this thread, remembered the warning sign website and threw a few ideas together when I couldn't get to sleep. They can all probably be improved and I welcome any tweaking anyone wants to do which is why I posted the link to the website.
Make it read "carry for self defense"...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PavePusher wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:
That's a good idea.

Make it read "carry for self defense"...
Doesn't fit either.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just drop the words "Self Defense" -- after all, shouldn't people carry for ANY lawful purpose?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A few more

I don't carry a gun...

...because I want to. I carry a gun because I have to.
...to make you think I'm a cop. I carry a gun because I want you to think about how far away the nearest cop is.
...to rub it in your face. I carry a gun because it's my right, and you shouldn't feel so self-important that a person exercising any of their rights is any of your business.
...worrying how you'll feel about it. I carry a gun regardless of how you feel, because my first and only priority is to keep myself, my family, and my property safe.

Love it!

LEO 229

imported post

Tess wrote:
But just to please us spelling/grammar nazis -- premises. :D
Good catch.... but it DOES rhyme with Nemesis!!

I hope nobody printed and laminated this yet. :lol:

Eeyore

imported post

This guy has a bunch of great pro-weapon posters: http://www.a-human-right.com/. Many are scattered throughout his pages. You can also click on "newest posters"and scroll down through the collection. Some of them are a little "in your face" for my taste, but they're all thought-provoking (for people who are willing to think in the first place).

[Edited for typo]