• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Citizens First Bank

PFC Helms

imported post

I had an interesting run in at Citizens First Bank in Bowling Green.Specifically the Heartland Branch. I went on Wednesday, to make a Deposit into my account. I went inside and went upstairs to where the tellers are. I went and made my deposit and on my way out I was stopped by the receptionist and informed that Carry of a Weapon was prohibited in the building. I politely asked if there was a sign posted. I was informed that there was. I was on my way out of the building and stopped and found the sign which was a circle with a slash through it with a handgun and knife in the middle. It wasn't very visible. then went on about my business. I got off the phone with my mother this afternoon who actually works at that bank and at that branch.She told me that she had to hear about it today.She said that that I had a lot of people on "Standby"(her word not mine)and that one of her co-workers was pre-pared to Jump me.She also saidthey were ready to call the police and the only reason they didn't is because her co-workers knew me. She herself being very "Anti" doesn't really like me carrying. She seemed pissed that I did that just going through my daily routine. Ihave carried at several of the other branches and no one ever batted an eye and no signs at any of the other branches either

Opinions would be appreaciated to know ifI Did wrong or (which I dont think I did at this point I may be wrong)

Helms, Thomas S

PFC

1/149th BSTB

U.S. Army