• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Least expensive 9x19 range ammo?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

The least expensive I've found range ammo is 169$ for 1000 rounds of wolf 9mm FMJ 115gr, delivered.

I've also found some NATO rounds, which are supposed to be super hot, ~42K psi, compared to 38K psi for +p, 124gr, manufactured by Winchester, 269$ delivered..

Any good deals out there? Are those good deals?

MontanaCZ

imported post

The price of ammuntion and components are a wild fluctuating ride currently.
Here are the places that I check:
www.buyammo.com
www.ammoman.com
www.cheaperthandirt.com

The NATO stuff, especially european stuff, is quite hot by US standards. Somewhere around what we call +P+. While I would not have a problem using it in my CZ, since it is made to handle the stuff, a steady diet is punishing.

-MTCZ

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Would it be safe to assume that my West German manufactured Sig P228 would be ok with the NATO rds?

Absolutely not. This is not a question on which to be making assumptions.

Consult Sig. Check their website or call them.

kaBooms are no fun. Besides, we need you here on the forum. You can't type with a kaBoomed hand. :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Would it be safe to assume that my West German manufactured Sig P228 would be ok with the NATO rds?

Absolutely not. This is not a question on which to be making assumptions.

Consult Sig. Check their website or call them.

kaBooms are no fun. Besides, we need you here on the forum. You can't type with a kaBoomed hand. :)
Aaawww I feel loved! :celebrate

nova

imported post

makes me sad when I think back to the days of WWB for $9.99 per 100 :(

Or even $109 for Wolf just a year or two ago...

I've been saving up my brass, and will be buying the necessary equipment needed to reload .38spl and .45acp on my father's RCBS.

I even save the brass for calibers I know I probably won't be reloading, because I know reloaders love to have people sell their once-fired brass at cheeeeep prices.