• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone sees you carrying

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

I've heard this from 2 people for the past two freakin days now and it baffles me. I ask them WhoTF told them this and they say "JPD". So to say the least I'm skeptical.

Spousedly if someone sees you carrying and they ask you to take it off you have to, to "make them feel comftrable" or you could be arrested. I've asked both people to show me the law that says this and they just say "JPD told me that." I then explained to both parties that JPD knows about as much about firearms law in this state as I do about flying the space shuttle.

So has anyone else in the area been hearing this little line from folks. One of the people that told me was one of the guys at Operator's Warehouse who's boss used to be aJPD officer. The other is SSGT. at work that says that is what his brother on JPD has told him.

I just did a recent search of state firearms law and couldn't find anything to this effect.

I've thought about contacting the State AG's office and asking if they can call and talk some sense into this county/city becuase they are providing bad info to the public or maybe see if they can send someone out ot ream some asses but I'm not sure how far that would get me.

ScottyT

imported post

"Excuse me sir, you are going to have to stop smoking, it is making me uncomfortable."

"Excuse me miss, you are going to need to wear looser clothing, your boobs almost falling out are making me uncomfotable."

"Excuse me son, you are going to have to pull your damn pants up, the sight of your boxers makes me uncomfortable."

"Excuse me ma'am, you are going to have to stop reading that Bible on the park bench, it makes me uncomfortable to think I may one day be held accountable for myself."

Unless you actually find a law this ridiculous, I would ignore it.

EDIT: Thought of another one.

Them: "Your gun makes me uncomfortable, take it off."
you: "Your inability to defend yourself and your loved ones makes me uncomfortable. Stop being a vicitim and buy a gun."

acritical

imported post

The closest thing to this is that if you are on private property, and stores count, and they ask you to remove your weapon, then you must make a choice.

1. Return the weapon to your vehicle and then return to the property to finish conducting your business

2. Return the weapon to your vehicle along with the rest of your person and find a 2nd Admendment friendly location to do your business in.

The person doing the requesting, must be a representative (employee or owner) of the location you are in.

If you are walking down the street and a person just comes up and asks you to remove your weapon, for it is making them uncomfortable, they need to find another street or look in another direction.

burninsteeda04

imported post

Had the same thing happen to me today some gunstore employee told me his bs Knowledge. about gattotp and i said well to be charged with this you must meet for requirements and he shut up real quick. He basically said is there anything eles i can help you with. and then walked away.