• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma PD Officer acknowledges OC

krazichinaman

imported post

Today, at UW, we had a career fair and I noticed that TPD was there. I asked officer (Still or Sill) if TPD had ever printed out a training bulletin, like FWPD about educating their officers about the legality of OC. He and his partnerboth gave me a flabbergasted look and said they were never issued a training bulletin but they knew that it was legal. I mentioned that it was great that TPD knew it was legal and that officers were "now" informered. I asked them if they had heard of any people being stopped that OCed and they mentioned that it had not been an issue. :banghead:They went on and said that if people did OC that they would be called because people woudl be scared yada yada yada.:cuss:Either route, he said he knew it was legal which I guess is a good thing! :celebrate

carhas0

imported post

I talked to the female officer that was there from TPD today. I didn't bring up OC, though, as I was talking to her about jobs and didn't think bringing up a possibly inflammatory issue was a good idea. I also talked to a Port of Seattle seargant, but again, not about OC. Did you happen to ask him about it?

Mainsail

imported post

Listening to the scanner I can tell you that TPD gets several PWAG calls a day. Often it’s kids shooting airsoft. Keep in mind that I only listen to TPD in the evenings, so they may get even more calls during the day while I’m at work.

I beg to differ about it not being an issue, since I have an issue about having been handcuffed for open carry last summer. I guess it’s a matter of perspective.