• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shooting certificates for CCW

Godscreation

imported post

I want to be able to have the last ditch (and privliledged) option of CC. I love OCing, but sometimes it just isn't the right time (church for example, tried it, everyone thought it was cool but somebody complained and the pastor told me to not carry at church.) The only firearms course I know of in the Charlotte/Huntersville area is Hyatt Gun Shop, but that's like $150!!!!!!!! That's sounds a little high for me. Where else can I go that's not so far away and cheaper?

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Tyler, you aught to go and do it in Waynesville one Saturday. It took from 7-10 one Saturday Morning and it was only like 40 or 60 dollars and he provides the pistol and ammo. If you want the guys name and number send me a PM.

mekender

imported post

where in NC are you? there are lots of places that are a lot cheaper... im taking my class tomorrow in winston salem for $85...

boice1971

imported post

Sportsman's Dream in Fallston offers the class for $60, it would probably take you a little more than an hour to get there, maybe an hour and 20 minutes tops. It is taught by an older guy name Bill Ingram, very interesting and informative class. The one thing I liked better about this class was instead of the 3, 5, and 7 yard ranges that most classes do, he does 3, 6, 9, and 12 yards. I don't remember the exact rounds per range, but it is 40 total.

You can contact the store at (704) 538-0429.