Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loudoun County Open Carry

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Do any of you guys Open Carry in Loudoun Good Experiences? Bad? Places that welcomed you with open arms? Maybe there are enough of us out here to have some of our own little OPEN CARRY lunches or dinners in Loudoun.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I work in Loudon County and have OC'd there from time to time, but not terribly often. Some of the places I have OC'd are (in and around Sterling):

Wal-Mart
    Chik-fil-a
    IHOP
    Dulles Town Center
    Don Pablo's
    Emelio's Pizzaria

We have done some lunches/dinner's in the vicinity of Loudon and western Fairfax County a couple times over the last couple of months.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Do any of you guys Open Carry in Loudoun Good Experiences? Bad? Places that welcomed you with open arms? Maybe there are enough of us out here to have some of our own little OPEN CARRY lunches or dinners in Loudoun.
    We used to live in Loudoun, so I OC'd for the time that we lived there. It is about average, I guess: about 95% don't even notice. I did have a bad experience that I wrote up, here, a few years ago (I have no idea in which thread it was): arrested for CC while OC (!). The JBT-in-training was a newbie, evidently, and the case was dropped in court. We now live in Clarke, whereI still OC, but we just don't get back to Loudoun much.

I would be glad to join an OC lunch/dinner, as I have not joined other OC eventsthat I have read about, here, as they tend to be too far away. I get every other Friday off, if that helps. There are the standard places around, but there are some in Leesburg that I have wanted to try. Some places have patio dining, so we could enjoy the open air, particularly if others of you smoke cigars

Post imported post

4/12
    The family andI wandered around Historic Leesburg, my G20 was completely visible.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I was thinking of maybe a little Loudoun lunch or dinner OPEN CARRY.. Anyone else interested?

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I was thinking of maybe a little Loudoun lunch or dinner OPEN CARRY.. Anyone else interested?

Ed,

Yup. Prefer lunch, myself. Gotta time/place?

Post imported post

LOL.. have not planned that far out yet... I figured I would see if there was any interest.. then drill down to when, where and even type of food.. But I was thinking like Leesburg, Ashburn or Sterling.... some Saturday or Sunday (afternoon or eve) maybe after the VCDL dinner.. so like maybe May 4th?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I would prefer closer to home (hey! we gots good eats, right here in Winchester! and You all can come shootin at my place, after). Leesburg has good places. I am not familiar with Ashburn or Sterling.

I already said that I prefer lunch, but dinner is OK. We normally do our shopping on Saturday, but I can flex.

May 4 is fine. Lunch? What do you like? Mexican? Barbecue? Chain or local?

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    I would prefer closer to home (hey! we gots good eats, right here in Winchester! and You all can come shootin at my place, after). Leesburg has good places. I am not familiar with Ashburn or Sterling.

I already said that I prefer lunch, but dinner is OK. We normally do our shopping on Saturday, but I can flex.

May 4 is fine. Lunch? What do you like? Mexican? Barbecue? Chain or local?
    Don't say that, then you will never get rid of them:P

Post imported post

Wegman's, Cold Stone Creamery, Chick-fil-a, Buffalo Wing Factory, Red, Hot & Blue, Famous Daves, Dulles Town Center mall, to name a few. No negative experiences, mostly neutral.

Post imported post

Winchester is not in Loudoun ;-) Ok.. so lunch SOMEWHERE in/near leesburg around noon on May 4th.. who's in?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Winchester is not in Loudoun ;-)
    Hey, I know that. I already said that I want to stay close to home. I just don't care how far YOU have to drive

Ok.. so lunch SOMEWHERE in/near leesburg around noon on May 4th.. who's in?
    There are a few good places in L'burg: Mexican, barbecue, Italian. Hey, I said all that, already. Look back up at my earlier post.

Post imported post

red hot and blue? Giovannis? blue ridge grill? Tuskies? other suggestions?

Again.. whos in??
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I won't be able to make it for lunch, my weekends are kind of booked until after Memorial day.

After that sure, I'd even be willing to travel to Winchester.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Relocating to Loudoun county to escape the people's republik of fairfax at the end of May. Will be OC'ing there quite a bit after that.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Relocating to Loudoun county to escape the people's republik of fairfax at the end of May. Will be OC'ing there quite a bit after that.
    Do you know where you want to be? I spend most of my time in the Winchester area, as I said, but I stop off in L'burg (Loudoun Guns, cigar shop, wine shop, etc.) on the way home, at least weekly.

Say, I checked, and one place I had in mind was closed. There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!), but I know nothing about it, though they do have outside seating. Anita's for Mexican, and Nido's for Italian.

And for those who want to do Winchester, in the future, there is a greater selection of good eats, there.

Post imported post

I get out to Leesburg a couple times a week from Sterling. Count me in.

nemo wrote:
    There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!)
    The beer sounds great! But probably not PC with OC. I may just have to leave it in the car for this one!

Post imported post

I OC all the time. Walmart/Target/Wegmans/Giant in the Ashburn area. No problems at all.

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    Do you know where you want to be? I spend most of my time in the Winchester area, as I said, but I stop off in L'burg (Loudoun Guns, cigar shop, wine shop, etc.) on the way home, at least weekly.

Say, I checked, and one place I had in mind was closed. There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!), but I know nothing about it, though they do have outside seating. Anita's for Mexican, and Nido's for Italian.

And for those who want to do Winchester, in the future, there is a greater selection of good eats, there.
    We close on our home in South Riding in about a month.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

alnitak wrote:
    The beer sounds great! But probably not PC with OC. I may just have to leave it in the car for this one!
    I agree not to drink while OC.

But, since thepurpose is to OC, I will pass on the beer, unless they have Kulmbacher on tap, oh boy. Keep in mind that this info is only second hand; for instance, if they have only American beer, I will not think that I am missing anything. I will stop off, there, on the way home, tonight, to check it out.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    We close on our home in South Riding in about a month.
    Good area. You will be close to Blue Ridge. Say hi to Mark and Tim.

Post imported post

Might be moving back to Loudoun next summer after my wife finishes school... she already has a job offer in Leesburg...

My parent's live in Sterling, but my only OC'ing from those days in Loudoun was out at Izaak Walton west of Leesburg... I guess being on the range doesn't count

I am interested in how Loudoun views OC though, especially after hearing about how ridiculous Fairfax can be about it... I usually CC, but I have OCed for a couple of VCDL fellowship events in Norfolk... Last time I had my Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 in a black leather Bianchi paddle holster, so I assume that most people convinced themselves I was a cop...

...doesn't help that I have very short hair and was wearing a polo shirt... looking like a detective in the warm weather...

Post imported post

tapper95 wrote:
    ...I am interested in how Loudoun views OC though, especially after hearing about how ridiculous Fairfax can be about it...
    Never had a problem OCing in Loudoun--restaurants, retail stores, supermarkets, etc. Sometimes people give me a look over, but overall people mind their business.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Forty-five wrote:
    tapper95 wrote:
    ...I am interested in how Loudoun views OC though, especially after hearing about how ridiculous Fairfax can be about it...
    Never had a problem OCing in Loudoun--restaurants, retail stores, supermarkets, etc. Sometimes people give me a look over, but overall people mind their business.
    Yeah and Fairfax has had a fine record with it as I recall. I live in western Prince William County but I do travel into Fairfax often while OC'ing. I've never had a problem and from what I've heard, Fairfax police are good about it.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!), but I know nothing about it,
    OK. I checked it out on Friday, after work. They are brand new, open just a few weeks. They have a selection of three wursts, a few sandwiches, salads, sodas, German beer in bottle and tap, and wine. They have open air dining, so hope for good weather. They are on Harrison, right across from market Station.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast