• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loudoun County Open Carry

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Do any of you guys Open Carry in Loudoun:question: Good Experiences? Bad? Places that welcomed you with open arms? Maybe there are enough of us out here to have some of our own little OPEN CARRY lunches or dinners in Loudoun.

:dude:

vrwmiller

imported post

I work in Loudon County and have OC'd there from time to time, but not terribly often. Some of the places I have OC'd are (in and around Sterling):

Wal-Mart
Chik-fil-a
IHOP
Dulles Town Center
Don Pablo's
Emelio's Pizzaria

We have done some lunches/dinner's in the vicinity of Loudon and western Fairfax County a couple times over the last couple of months.

nemo

imported post

ed wrote:
Do any of you guys Open Carry in Loudoun:question: Good Experiences? Bad? Places that welcomed you with open arms? Maybe there are enough of us out here to have some of our own little OPEN CARRY lunches or dinners in Loudoun.
We used to live in Loudoun, so I OC'd for the time that we lived there. It is about average, I guess: about 95% don't even notice. I did have a bad experience that I wrote up, here, a few years ago (I have no idea in which thread it was): arrested
cuss.gif
for CC while OC (!). The JBT-in-training was a newbie, evidently, and the case was dropped in court. We now live in Clarke, whereI still OC, but we just don't get back to Loudoun much.

I would be glad to join an OC lunch/dinner, as I have not joined other OC eventsthat I have read about, here, as they tend to be too far away. I get every other Friday off, if that helps. There are the standard places around, but there are some in Leesburg that I have wanted to try. Some places have patio dining, so we could enjoy the open air, particularly if others of you smoke cigars
wink.gif

Marco

imported post

4/12
The family andI wandered around Historic Leesburg, my G20 was completely visible.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

LOL.. have not planned that far out yet... I figured I would see if there was any interest.. then drill down to when, where and even type of food.. But I was thinking like Leesburg, Ashburn or Sterling.... some Saturday or Sunday (afternoon or eve) maybe after the VCDL dinner.. so like maybe May 4th?

nemo

imported post

I would prefer closer to home (hey! we gots good eats, right here in Winchester! and You all can come shootin at my place, after). Leesburg has good places. I am not familiar with Ashburn or Sterling.

I already said that I prefer lunch, but dinner is OK. We normally do our shopping on Saturday, but I can flex.

May 4 is fine. Lunch? What do you like? Mexican? Barbecue? Chain or local?

fizzer

imported post

nemo wrote:
I would prefer closer to home (hey! we gots good eats, right here in Winchester! and You all can come shootin at my place, after). Leesburg has good places. I am not familiar with Ashburn or Sterling.

I already said that I prefer lunch, but dinner is OK. We normally do our shopping on Saturday, but I can flex.

May 4 is fine. Lunch? What do you like? Mexican? Barbecue? Chain or local?
Don't say that, then you will never get rid of them:p

Forty-five

imported post

Wegman's, Cold Stone Creamery, Chick-fil-a, Buffalo Wing Factory, Red, Hot & Blue, Famous Daves, Dulles Town Center mall, to name a few. No negative experiences, mostly neutral.

nemo

imported post

ed wrote:
Winchester is not in Loudoun ;-)
Hey, I know that. I already said that I want to stay close to home. I just don't care how far YOU have to drive :lol:

Ok.. so lunch SOMEWHERE in/near leesburg around noon on May 4th.. who's in?

There are a few good places in L'burg: Mexican, barbecue, Italian. Hey, I said all that, already. Look back up at my earlier post.

Marco

imported post

I won't be able to make it for lunch, my weekends are kind of booked until after Memorial day.

After that sure, I'd even be willing to travel to Winchester.

nemo

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Relocating to Loudoun county to escape the people's republik of fairfax at the end of May. Will be OC'ing there quite a bit after that.

Do you know where you want to be? I spend most of my time in the Winchester area, as I said, but I stop off in L'burg (Loudoun Guns, cigar shop, wine shop, etc.) on the way home, at least weekly.

Say, I checked, and one place I had in mind was closed. There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!), but I know nothing about it, though they do have outside seating. Anita's for Mexican, and Nido's for Italian.

And for those who want to do Winchester, in the future, there is a greater selection of good eats, there.

alnitak

imported post

I get out to Leesburg a couple times a week from Sterling. Count me in.

nemo wrote:
There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!)
The beer sounds great! But probably not PC with OC. I may just have to leave it in the car for this one!

ChinChin

imported post

nemo wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
Relocating to Loudoun county to escape the people's republik of fairfax at the end of May. Will be OC'ing there quite a bit after that.

Do you know where you want to be? I spend most of my time in the Winchester area, as I said, but I stop off in L'burg (Loudoun Guns, cigar shop, wine shop, etc.) on the way home, at least weekly.

Say, I checked, and one place I had in mind was closed. There is a new German place that just opened (brats and German beer!), but I know nothing about it, though they do have outside seating. Anita's for Mexican, and Nido's for Italian.

And for those who want to do Winchester, in the future, there is a greater selection of good eats, there.
We close on our home in South Riding in about a month.

nemo

imported post

alnitak wrote:
The beer sounds great! But probably not PC with OC. I may just have to leave it in the car for this one!

I agree not to drink while OC.

But, since thepurpose is to OC, I will pass on the beer, unless they have Kulmbacher on tap, oh boy. Keep in mind that this info is only second hand; for instance, if they have only American beer, I will not think that I am missing anything. I will stop off, there, on the way home, tonight, to check it out.