• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darwin Wins Again in Yakima

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/3207

Self-inflicted shotgun blast not life-threatening
(Sure, he may live but why would he want to?-LW)

Yakima Herald-Republic

A 20-year-old man shot himself in the groin early Sunday while trying to hide a shotgun down his pants, city police said.
A news release did not describe the injury except to say that it was "serious."
The victim was being treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. His injuries were not expected to be life-threatening, medical officials told police.
Officers responded to the 700 block of North 24th Avenue about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. They found the victim on the side of the road.
He had fired two rounds from the double-barrelled weapon, police said.
Police were continuing to investigate after they recovered the shotgun and an additional firearm reported stolen at the house where the shooting took place.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, shooting yourself once is stupid. Dischaging BOTH FREAKING BARRELS is well, recovering in Harborview Hospital in satisfactory condition.

imperialism2024

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Okay, shooting yourself once is stupid. Dischaging BOTH FREAKING BARRELS is well, recovering in Harborview Hospital in satisfactory condition.
Maybe our favorite jack-booted thugs at the BATFE will hunt down this gentleman and charge him with "illegal transfer of a machine gun"...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Maybe our favorite jack-booted thugs at the BATFE will hunt down this gentleman and charge him with "illegal transfer of a machine gun"...
LMAO That truly would be adding insult to injury.

But I don't think the BATFE does that unless there is a US military veteran involved

imperialism2024

imported post

I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of this. If the barrel was pointing upward, and he had it mostly stuffed down a pantleg, the trigger would have snagged something and been pulled forward, not backward to fire. If he had been stuffing it down muzzle-first, the muzzle would have cleared his groin very quickly and he would have gotten shot in the leg. Unless he was trying to stuff it muzzle-first up a pantleg, but that wouldn't make much sense... then again, neither would trying to stuff a loaded double-barrel shotgun down your pants, either.

isaiah

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of this. If the barrel was pointing upward, and he had it mostly stuffed down a pantleg, the trigger would have snagged something and been pulled forward, not backward to fire. If he had been stuffing it down muzzle-first, the muzzle would have cleared his groin very quickly and he would have gotten shot in the leg. Unless he was trying to stuff it muzzle-first up a pantleg, but that wouldn't make much sense... then again, neither would trying to stuff a loaded double-barrel shotgun down your pants, either.

This is the news.
It's much more exciting to read "man shoots self in GROIN" than "man shoots self in LEG"
I personally would be more worried about the damage done to my groin than my leg. Ouch! Isn't the practice of eugenics illegal? He should be tried for it.

sidestreet

imported post

New gun safety rule: "Always keep your peni...er, johnso...uh, you know..., thingy off of the trigger until ready to fire, uh, that's just for you boys, that is."

We are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must berelentless.