Thread: Florida Gov. Charlie Crist signs "Guns at work" Law

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It is now officially a law, a licensed CWP holder may keep their guns in their locked vehicles at their place of employment or if you are just a customer of a business.

In either case you can no longer be prosecuted or fired for doing so.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3826

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Post imported post

Nice.

But let's see now how many people are fired for "not meeting expectations" or something like that...

Post imported post

Better watch out!! There's gonna be a bloodbath in Florida over the next few weeks...scratch that...Florida is going to be a combat zone, with bullets flying everywhere, and millions and millions of innocent children will die!

Post imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Better watch out!! There's gonna be a bloodbath in Florida over the next few weeks...scratch that...Florida is going to be a combat zone, with bullets flying everywhere, and millions and millions of innocent children will die!
    :what: good thing I'm not going back for a few more months! I would hate to get my shoes dirty wading through the all the dying children.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Employees in Florida ought to take an extended leave of absence. I wouldn't want to be shot by an angry coworker after I took the last donut from the break room.

To the previous posters point, you can be fired for having your gun in the car, legal or not. The employer will simply cite poor performance, tardiness, etc. For that matter though, you can also be fired for being black. Again, cite poor performance. As long as the employer isn't discovered...you'll just be called the "gun nut", or as in the second example "playing the race card".

Post imported post

Who would know unless you were rather obvious about it?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    I wouldn't want to be shot by an angry coworker after I took the last donut from the break room.
    LoL...watch, that's going to be a new reason to ban handguns in the next Brady Bunch email. Just you wait and see!