• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist signs "Guns at work" Law

MetalChris

imported post

Better watch out!! There's gonna be a bloodbath in Florida over the next few weeks...scratch that...Florida is going to be a combat zone, with bullets flying everywhere, and millions and millions of innocent children will die!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Better watch out!! There's gonna be a bloodbath in Florida over the next few weeks...scratch that...Florida is going to be a combat zone, with bullets flying everywhere, and millions and millions of innocent children will die!
:what: good thing I'm not going back for a few more months! I would hate to get my shoes dirty wading through the all the dying children.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Employees in Florida ought to take an extended leave of absence. I wouldn't want to be shot by an angry coworker after I took the last donut from the break room.

To the previous posters point, you can be fired for having your gun in the car, legal or not. The employer will simply cite poor performance, tardiness, etc. For that matter though, you can also be fired for being black. Again, cite poor performance. As long as the employer isn't discovered...you'll just be called the "gun nut", or as in the second example "playing the race card".

MetalChris

imported post

timf343 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
I wouldn't want to be shot by an angry coworker after I took the last donut from the break room.
LoL...watch, that's going to be a new reason to ban handguns in the next Brady Bunch email. Just you wait and see! ;)