• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bought my first AR today! :-D

DrewGunner

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Very nice rifle! I hope you have good health insurance... "Black Rifle Disease" is very expensive to treat.

Symptoms will begin in your head, things like "Hmmm, A carbine top would look pretty cool, and better for house defense" or "Man, if I had one of those 24" varmint barrels I could REALLY reach out and touch someone", or, "Those ACOG's look badass, I'd need one in a SHTF situation"

Next thing you know, cases of ammo show upat the door...and the dog'sgetting skinny.

Have fun with that thing!
x2!!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Great non encounter! I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and start OCing on metro when I'm in town. I'm so dang paranoid about that as I don't have a car... OTOH Sound Transit knows better know, and obviously KCM isn't throwing you off the bus...

Nice gun. Needed a .22? :p (Just ribbin' you, I'm a died in the wool soviet weapons fan, wish I had the money to drop on a nice rifle like you did.) I always figured anything that Sarah Brady wanted banned is a Good Thing.

Let us know how it shoots!

Stealth Potato

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Great non encounter! I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and start OCing on metro when I'm in town. I'm so dang paranoid about that as I don't have a car... OTOH Sound Transit knows better know, and obviously KCM isn't throwing you off the bus...

Nice gun. Needed a .22? :p (Just ribbin' you, I'm a died in the wool soviet weapons fan, wish I had the money to drop on a nice rifle like you did.) I always figured anything that Sarah Brady wanted banned is a Good Thing.

Let us know how it shoots!

Hey, to be fair, the first rifle I bought was a Mosin Nagant. Nothing beats good old 7.62x54R! :)

As for the Metro, yeah, I've been OCing on their buses regularly for months now, and I've never had a single problem. The drivers didn't even bat an eye at the guy clambering up the steps with a pistol on his hip and a huge box that said "STAG ARMS" on the side. I would almost venture to say the Metro is completely safe for OC, provided one dresses neatly and acts normally.

Anyway, here the requested pics of me with the new AR. ;) I'd say it's quite a bit more intimidating than the standard Imperial issue E-11, a.k.a. the "can't hit the broad side of a bantha at battle zero" blaster. :lol:

attachment.php

Attachments

• stormtrooper_004.jpg
    stormtrooper_004.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 269

just_a_car

imported post

Trip... you're a freak.

...and at the same time, you're my kinda geek! ;)

You're right... that M4 does look really good with the suit. Guess the Imperial Army should have splurged for an AR-variant.

dlnwoody

imported post

If you go to the-tactical-store.com They have good prices on parts and stuff. They are always at the gun show. Also if your military you get a discount.

expvideo

imported post

The rifle fits really well with the costume, actually. I imagine that an AK would fit well with a "sand people" costume, too.

(did i just cross a line there, or did George Lucas cross that line long before me?)

just_a_car

imported post

expvideo wrote:
The rifle fits really well with the costume, actually. I imagine that an AK would fit well with a "sand people" costume, too.

(did i just cross a line there, or did George Lucas cross that line long before me?)
Well, it kind of makes sense, since all the anti-Iraq-War people say we're acting like The Empire and we're fighting against Rebels.

So, what does that make me that I like AK's over AR's, yet think we should finish what we started in Iraq... and at the same time, don't necessarilly like the war?... Boba Fett? :D

heresolong

imported post

Essential Arms sells a very nice stripped receiver for just over $100 delivered. I built mine using an RRA kit on the EA receiver and have been very happy.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

And with a little time and a few $$ you will soon have this:

UltimateWeaponsPlatform.jpg
AHHHHHH!!!!!! Now I know what ARs are good for....... A place to store all those things you have in that draw in the kitchen.
RoflLg.gif

retrodad

imported post

Anybody heard of these guys?

http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/

Nearly half the way down the page they're selling lowers for $85. It's a 'sale' so I don't know how long that price will last.

I've been hankering to build either an AK-47 or AR-15 before November. Both builds seem relatively easy. The only thing I can't take time to do it build my own receiver/lower (yes, there are tap-n-bolt-your-own AR-15 lowers out there). I know of many, many parts sites out there, but if anyone can recommend anything to this end, it would be much appreciated.