Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Open Carry get together info

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

DATE: Sunday April 27th., 2008

TIME: Noon

WHERE: Reuttier Park, downtown Lansing.

You don't have to open carry if you don't want to. You can carry an open empty holster to show your support.

Bring a dish to share, your own tableware and beverages (no alcohol please). A lawn chair if you want. Friends and family are welcome. Also any other picnic games you want to engage in, catch, soccer balls, frisbee, playing cards. Mastiff mentioned bringing a small gas grill to cook dogs, etc. There are benches and picnic tables on site, but no covered areas so if it rains we may have to change plans.

Reuttier Park is a couple of blocks north of 469 with fairly easy on and off. I don’t know what we can do if it’s raining. Perhaps we can meet at a McDonald’s or something.

See this link for a color image of area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=42.730665&lon=-84.558545&mag=3&q1=Lansing%2C%20Michigan

General directions to Reuttier Park. The park is surrounded by E. Kalamazoo St. (northside), Capital Ave (eastside), E. Lenawee St. (southside), and Townsend St. (Westside). Off of 496 coming from the east take the Walnut St. exit north. Those coming from the west you can take the MLK Blvd. exit north off of 496. See map for details or check out the link above.

There ismeter parking surrounding the Park. I THINK parking is free on the weekends, but check any meters for times. Lansing is fairly dead during the weekend so parking and a lots of people should not be a problem. Also there are a lot of one way streets so be advised, if you miss a street you can generally go a couple of streets and loop back around. Lansing is pretty safe most anywhere during the day. After the meeting I would recommend any that wish to,go to the State Library/history museum it’s free and it’s a great place to learn about Michigan's history. Public Parking is available at the State Library/Museum, you may have to pay, (can’t remember if weekend days are free), but it’s fairly cheap. That lot is 4 blocks east of the Park.

Attached Image (viewed 89 times):

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Just don't invite Tomahawk. He tends to attract Police Helo's at picnics!

:celebrate

Post imported post

We will bring the gas grill two burner colman, if anyone else also has one it will make the cooking go faster!!!

(IF IF) it should rain does anyone have a canopy etc ?NOT that it will

Post imported post

So Sorry guys: I have to pass on this one, guess you'll have to do without the beans. Blew the rear shocks on my truck and can't get them fixed till Sat or Sun, of that weekend. Promise I'll make them for the next one. You know what they say S**T HAPPENS. I just hate it always happening to me.

Post imported post

You know warchild, i really wanted to try them baked beans

Post imported post

Sorry my man, the shocks broke on my truck and I can't get them fixed till sat. a.m. I made a deal with my son, he fixes the shocks sat. and I would build his bed for him sun. I promise to make it up to you all.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I plan on being there....

BTW: This time it's my wifes birthday:shock:

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I plan on being there....

BTW: This time it's my wifes birthday:shock:
    So if she's coming too, I think a cake is in order.:celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

did someone call the pop already? I can bring a couple two liters.

Post imported post

I can bring plastic silverware, and paper plates, cups, and dishes. Also anything else we might need.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Well the mastiff family will be there sun or rain

Post imported post

So Mastif has the grill, I've got the disposable table ware (and will get other things if needed), pbnationrc is bringing pop, so we still need meat and buns for whatever will be grilled, and condiments. Plus any other thing ya'll wanna bring.

Post imported post

we will also bring 10 smoked sausage 1" dia dogs etc...

would be nice to have a pop up self standing canopy

Post imported post

I'd bring my canopy, but a big storm finished it off. Although, I might have a lawn chair or 2 I can bring.

Anybody else have a canopy that you can bring?

Post imported post

Ok guys....

Whatever is left over that is still needed I will pick up, food, pop, meat, buns, paper plates, plastic wear orcondiments.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

We are bringing some all beef hot dogs and buns/condiments, some chips, and girl scout cookies. We will also have on hand some paper plates/silverware/cups/ice and some garbage bags.

We need someone to bring side dishes likebeans or potato salad or something along these lines.

Forecast as of 1:00 pm today is for rain Sunday later afternoon and temps in the mid 50's, so if we miss the rain it should be a nice day. I'd bring some rain gear and a sweatshirt or light jacket. If it's raining bad we may have to go indoors of find a park with a gazebo or something.

If it's pouring rain before the event we may have to reschedule.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I wont be able to make it to this one sorry guys, I gotta work and couldnt get out of it lol.

Post imported post

Well I went out and got some disposable table ware, so I guess we'll have some extra. I'm also gonna go out and get the stuff to make a salad. I'll try to make a lot.

Post imported post

I don't think I'll be able to make this one either.

Post imported post

Ok, do we have a head count?

As I see it:

Venator
    mastiff69
    Michigander
    pbnationrc
    me +1

It sure would be nice to see more people show up.

Post imported post

I'll bring some beansand potato salad.

See you guys there.

Post imported post

Well that was fun. Met some new faces, and missed some old ones.

A brief re cap: Everyone that was there had plenty to eat. It was an open carry feast. As it turned out, there was a race for cancer or something like that, and many thousands of people came by. There were about half a dozen cops that came by, including one motorcycle officer that stayed on the corner to direct traffic away from the race for at least half the time we were there. No one, and I do mean no one, even mentioned anything about us OCing. The police didn't care, nor did the folks walking by.

It was lots of fun, and although I'm moving out of state, I'm going to be coming back to visit at some point, and I have every intention of trying to plan a trip to coincide with an OC meet. I look forward to the next one I see you guys and gals at.

Post imported post

By the way, thanks again for those Girl Scout cookies Venator. I'm afraid they are already gone.

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA

Post imported post

Thanks for letting this old wreck from Indiana join in your Michigan get-together. It was nice. By the way, WHEEL GUNS are real guns.

Post imported post

Like I said at the meeting, there should be a wheel gun themed OC meeting in Michigan's future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast